Recent content by JerryF

  1. J

    656 Hydraulic Pressure Check

    The piston is located inside the cylinder. The way I checked it (not saying it's the proper way) is I retracted the cylinder all the way, then unhooked the lines on the bottom of the cylinder. Tried to retract some more and the side with bad piston seals had oil pouring out. The good side may...
  2. J

    656 Hydraulic Pressure Check

    Yes, the front one. I did use a rebuilt 17Gal Cessna instead of the Thompson that was in there. But, they are equivalent. What is a balance valve? Even though the outlets are loosing pressure over time, I think I found the main problem. The seals in the piston on one of the loader cylinders...
  3. J

    656 Hydraulic Pressure Check

    Couple of months ago my Koyker loader on my Farmall 656 lost most of it's hydraulic power. I replaced a few hoses which were seeping a little and also the oil cooler bypass hose behind the battery, which had ruptured. Assuming that the problem was either the pump or the rilot relief, I changed...
  4. J

    656 hydraulic problems???

    Not sure, but I think it may just be air in the system now. Tilt is working fine on the loader but, lift is slow and weak. Swapped hoses from on the two auxillaries and tilt still good and lift still poor. Tried bleeding starting with steering ack and forth. Then running each cylinder...
  5. J

    656 hydraulic problems???

    I put in an extra 5 gallons in and now have no more pressure, but the loader will go up slowly at WOT. I unhooked the loader lines and hooked up a log splitter with the pressure gauge in line. No problems with it. Must be air in cylinders I thought. Hooked loader back up and went up and down...
  6. J

    656 hydraulic problems???

    The initial and replacement pumps are both 17 gal pumps. Loader always worked fine until the last year seemed to get weaker, then all of a sudden on a cold December day I went to lift the loader and heard a "thunk" sound. Had thought that it may be an o-ring or even pump crack, so that is why...
  7. J

    656 hydraulic problems???

    656 Gear drive. Back pump works fine, but front pump bare puts out enough pressure to lift loader if engine at WOT. Power steering works, but doesn't quite seem 100%. I changed pressure relief valve and font pump from a donor tractor, that I know were good. After changing pump and relief...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top