Recent content by Jimmydog

  1. J

    Not an Oliver......

    Way cool! 340 and an Oliver. I'm guessing 550? I'm thinking this might be a good tractor to learn how to paint on. The hood really needs some attention or I could see things getting ugly in a hurry. Hate to say it on here but I may rattle can the sheet metal. The the rest is still good on...
  2. J

    Not an Oliver......

    Okay now for the issue update on why it wouldn't run: as far I as can tell it is the ignition switch. This thing is so old (and I'm beginning to think all original) the key cylinder locks/detents are non existent the contacts just ain't getting made. About one try out of twenty and you can get...
  3. J

    Not an Oliver......

    Going to have to do something the hood is down to bare metal. I know some say rub oil or some other thing even clear spray. If you're going to clear enamel it might as well paint it. I like em in their work clothes and all gussied up. Don't like rust though.
  4. J

    Not an Oliver......

    One of these years............
  5. J

    Not an Oliver......

    yeah, I was kind of underwhelmed by IH representation at the tractor show this year. Maybe next year I can change that. Fingers crossed.
  6. J

    Not an Oliver......

    Wouldn't mine putting a 2000 or 2001 loader on it if I could find one. It has mid point hydraulic take off on it. But the lever for that SCV is busted off. Doubt the gentleman (nice chap) that had it before me ever even used that valve. Or at least not anytime recently. I'm off to buy a...
  7. J

    Not an Oliver......

    Thanks, if I knew what I was doing I'd post a lot more Pics. I'll try to post some more pics again when I got the time. Only took about an hour to figure that one out. Of course by the time I do I'll have forgotten everything. More of an old dog than a Jimmydog.
  8. J

    Not an Oliver......

    I'm not good at planning anything. But yeah I could see a IH 240 would fit right in. Maybe an IH 560. If I got that far why not a 140? I think they make a 660 also...... I figure International is as close to a Farmall as you can get with out actually buying one. Heheh.
  9. J

    Not an Oliver......

    Doesn't run but it will soon I hope. I like it because It matches my 1961 IH 460. This is a 1960.
  10. J

    Not an Oliver......

    Yep, darn good shape. The seat is a complete mess but hardly any dings in the sheet metal.
  11. J

    Not an Oliver......

    Once again thanks Fawteen. Rainy all day today so I haven't been able to play with it yet.
  12. J

    Not an Oliver......

    My apologies I tried to get it right side side up, but I'm a bit of an luddite I guess.
  13. J

    Not an Oliver......

    But it's a keeper
  14. J

    SW Michigan Fly Wheelers show 10th-13th

    There's a real nice Oliver for sale that I'm racking my brain over. probably get by me. It's a sweet deal. I'm not that lucky, moneys tight right now. But but but.....scratch scratch..... maybe rob a bank..... There was one Friday there and another that looked to be a Friday but sign said Love...
  15. J

    SW Michigan Fly Wheelers show 10th-13th

    Dang Dave I'll be there Saturday. Just got back from todays show. Lots of eye candy. Met a bunch of nice folks. Kind of reaffirms my belief in humanity. Did I mention the tractors? soooo many tractors! I'd say if you looked hard enough you'd probably find what ever you'd like to see. But there...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top