Recent content by JMcBrayer

  1. JMcBrayer

    Need help on 1953 farmall super a wiring

    I'm rewiring a 1953 Farmall super a but cannot find anything online with anything I can understand does anybody have a repair manual with it in it if so could you post a picture thanks
  2. JMcBrayer

    Famall 140 and super a

    Still needing a mechanic to come out
  3. JMcBrayer

    Famall 140 and super a

    It's a 6 volt I have only seen the super a run when I was a kid I have never seen the 140 ran my dad bought it 20 years ago and put it in our shop and never touched it again. I get spark sometimes I get gas flow rebuilt carberator idk what I'm doing wrong also put new plugs on it an plug wires
  4. JMcBrayer

    Famall 140 and super a

    Yes that would be great if you could I can't understand why either one will run
  5. JMcBrayer

    Famall 140 and super a

    I have a farmall 140 and a super a I can't get running and don't know why is there a mechanic anywhere close to Bremen Georgia that could come get them going for me I've worked on both for hours and just at my whits end with it thanks
  6. JMcBrayer

    1962 Farmall 140 12v or 6v?

    Neither will crank and run
  7. JMcBrayer

    1962 Farmall 140 12v or 6v?

    Can you come to Bremen Georgia and work on a Super a and a 140 Farmall or is that too far away from you
  8. JMcBrayer

    1962 Farmall 140 12v or 6v?

    Yes I took the starter off and went threw it and still didn't have any luck. Thanks for all the info
  9. JMcBrayer

    1962 Farmall 140 12v or 6v?

    Yes it isn't locked up its been inside my enclosed shop for 15 years. My dad bought it an drove it inside and parked it and hasn't been touched since but ran fine when Parked.
  10. JMcBrayer

    1962 Farmall 140 12v or 6v?

    It ain't doing anything it has the rod u pull to manually start the starter but it don't do anything not a click or anything I can get the lights to come on so I know I'm getting battery connection what position should I have the switch on exactly just for me to use the starter to crank it...
  11. JMcBrayer

    1962 Farmall 140 12v or 6v?

    I have established its a 6v. I have a new 6 volt battery on it but I can't get it to turn over the starter. I know I've got a connection the lights come off do you know if I may not be doing something to make it crank over the starter? I am not familiar with this old of a tractor an the 6v system
  12. JMcBrayer

    1962 Farmall 140 12v or 6v?

    I found some black paint under it so it's 6v. So the positive wire goes to the frame and the negative to starter right?
  13. JMcBrayer

    1962 Farmall 140 12v or 6v?

    Here is a picture
  14. JMcBrayer

    1962 Farmall 140 12v or 6v?

    The tag is red but I believe was painted over before
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top