Recent content by john6082

  1. J

    8N Hydraulics - will not lift after mowing with bush hog

    Part #:NHF 65205, The oil is known to be thin. Assuming something is worn, i was going to ask part stores if there is a GL1 gear oil that is heavier. The operation isn't that complicated. When the bush hog is down, the pump idles. the ram cylinder goes all the way forward. When the lifter is...
  2. J

    8N Hydraulics - will not lift after mowing with bush hog

    Napa Sae 90W Mineral Gear Oil, API GL1
  3. J

    8N Hydraulics - will not lift after mowing with bush hog

    The five minutes is usually after mowing. It only happens when mowing. The tractor was on for 30 minutes. The tractor was on and different positions. However, the hydraulics work normally while inspecting. Fluid at correct level.
  4. J

    8N Hydraulics - will not lift after mowing with bush hog

    the fluid that was in it was clean, no water. I changed it the other day with Napa 134 mineral oil 90W. no change
  5. J

    8N Hydraulics - will not lift after mowing with bush hog

    I have a 1952 8N. While running in neutral, hydraulics work fairly quickly and smoothly with bush hog attached. I can raise and lower the bush hog without any problem. Pump seems strong. After 30 minutes with bush hog raised, the bush hog will drift down a couple inches. However, while mowing...
  6. J

    8N Hydraulics - will not lift after mowing with bush hog

    Supposedly the Napa mineral oil 90W is one of the oils to use. heat is a good point. 1. I read numerous posts on type of oil to use, unfortunately, people recommended a wide range of oils from GL1 to GL5. What I can gather is the oil has to be compatible with the type of metal used which is...
  7. J

    8N Hydraulics - will not lift after mowing with bush hog

    oil was cleaned, had no water and a couple of spoonfuls of sludge. I replaced it with Napa mineral oil. works the same
  8. J

    8N Hydraulics - will not lift after mowing with bush hog

    I have a 1952 8N. While running in neutral, hydraulics work fairly quickly and smoothly with bush hog attached. I can raise and lower the bush hog without any problem. Pump seems strong. After 30 minutes with bush hog raised, the bush hog will drift down a couple inches. However, while mowing...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top