Recent content by JohnCNY

  1. J

    62 4000 G no Genny light 6v

    Thank you all. I tried both of your suggestions. I"m guessing the bulb is burnt. Jumper wire didnt light the bulb. According to the digi meter, Battery holding 6v over night. Started the engine, volts always increased with acceleration. I didn"t have the patients to pull the bulb cuz my...
  2. J

    62 4000 G no Genny light 6v

    Thank you, I will try that. A tech also said my test light may have reduced the current to the Gen when I tried to polarize it, something about lighting the bulb. I"m no electrician but I have a iPad and this forum and utube helps :) thank you again
  3. J

    62 4000 G no Genny light 6v

    After looking at the old wires/connectors on the VR, which is in a tight spot, I used my test light off the battery. Not the recommended way but it got 6v to the Gen. The tractor runs just no Gen light now. should I repolarize the Gen off the VR? Any suggestions appreciated.
  4. J

    62 4000 G no Genny light 6v

    Gen was locking up and it cooked the belt. The Gen red light of course was "on". I had the Gen rebuilt and reattached it, connected the wires the same as removed. Getting to theVR wires is pain so I thought of polarizing the Gen this way>>With the key off, I attached a wire from the neg battery...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top