Recent content by Josh-nhihguy

  1. J

    Oliver 1600 governor thrust bushing

    I looked closer at the spool. There are 2 little indents or grooves in the spool. I'm when I hold the weights out and push down on the spool I can feel a little catch. It's not huge. Just a hitch. I found some of your post but not sure i understood the whole thing. I have the bearing but I'm...
  2. J

    Oliver 1600 governor thrust bushing

    Yeah I'm pretty sure I've read through your old posts about that. I was searching through it more for the bushing so I'll have to go back and reread it. I'll check out those weights a little closer in the morning. I already have thar new brass bushing so wondering if I should just throw it in...
  3. J

    Oliver 1600 governor thrust bushing

    Worked with Korves Oliver to figure out the racing problem with my great grandpa's Ollie 1600. It's done it for decades but now haven't used the tractor in 15 years. Sent Korves some pictures and decided everything looked pretty good besides the thrust washer so we're going to do away with that...
  4. J

    Red Ford combine

    Grandpa always talked about growing up with a Ford combine. Took me years but I finally found one. Left hand cut. They are same as Woods Bros. If i remember right, Ford also built a red self propelled combine about this same time. Pretty cool. Hard to find specific parts for.
  5. J

    Oliver sidehill combine

    See a guy on agtalk posted about a side hill Oliver combine. In eastern Oregon craigslist also. Not mine, but assume fairly rare so wanted to help try to save it if someone is looking.
  6. J

    New Holland 8970 won't shift out of neutral

    So been working fine for years. Put tractor in neutral 7 and then it wouldn't go into forward or reverse. Or up and down in the gears at all. Just out of the blue. Shut tractor of. Then it wouldn't start. Found the ignition? wire at the starter solenoid didn't have power. So jumped it and got...
  7. J

    VAC carb

    There is an O Reilly not too far, we will check that out. Thank you
  8. J

    VAC carb

    It is a MS. Thank you for your help!
  9. J

    VAC carb

    Grandpa is working on a VAC. It's got a Marvel carburetor and I see YT sells several different kits. He hasn't really found any model numbers for this carburetor so I'm not sure which kit to get him. I can't get the photos to load sorry..Thanks for any help Josh
  10. J

    Case sc weak spark

    Thanks everyone for the help. I'll try out your ideas tonight.
  11. J

    Case sc weak spark

    Got an SC with a Delco distributor. Been having trouble with weak to no spark. Cranking over it only puts out a small yellow spark once I let go of the button. Put new points in with no change. I've got good power to the distributor I believe. Wondering if the coil or resistor may be bad...
  12. J

    Elevator

    One more.
  13. J

    Elevator

    Picture
  14. J

    Elevator

    Picture
  15. J

    Elevator

    Well yeah. I figured if it was John Deere it would have JD stamped on it somewhere though.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top