Recent content by jsr8011

  1. J

    Woods RM600 cracked shaft

    While preparing my newly acquired Woods finish mower for first use, I uncovered this crack in the gearbox input shaft after removing the pto yoke at the gearbox. I would like to know if there is any way to salvage this shaft without removing and/or replacing. New shafts are available, at...
  2. J

    Is it age or mileage?

    Sorry, I posted out of sequence. Was referring to post about son using wrong fluid.
  3. J

    Is it age or mileage?

    That's almost better than today's funny.
  4. J

    Oil pan on Allis B

    What's the deal with this? Was helping daughter with 1947 B that she bought with a new house, has Woods belly mower. Can I change the oil? Sure, no big deal. work on my Farmall H all the time. Buy the owners manual, says to drop the pan and clean the pickup screen. After much frustration...
  5. J

    OT: computer data file help please

    What I did. Trying to run XP was very painful (click, wait two minutes, click, wait two minutes, over and over). Moved the entire disk drive to my windows machine to get to the data files. Bought Office home version, maybe $60 a year, don't remember. That gives you current versions of Word...
  6. J

    Northern Tool Gas Caddie

    I have one, comments posted are true. Now that I no longer have a boat the caddie stays in the garage unused. Tank is fine, hose and hand pump are garbage
  7. J

    Tractor manuals

    I needed one in a hurry to help my kid with an Allis B. Downloaded one from farm manuals fast for about $15. wanted to stay away from the free potential virus sites
  8. J

    Off Topic - Health Advice for Men Over 50

    Yep, I do both, took off half my ear this summer with melanoma.
  9. J

    Show-bound beauties?

    My flip phone has been screaming at me to make space, so need to delete files. Wanted to post before making it go away. Stopped at TSC in Trenton Michigan for some reason and saw these two. Hung around for awhile but didn't see anyone that the RV and trailer may belong to. File date of photo...
  10. J

    Farmall in garage

    I'm in Michigan. I do not heat the garage, it seems to maintain a temperature of around 40 degrees throughout the winter. Didn't know if something like fumes or fire risk could be an issue, thought I'd ask and see what others may have experienced.
  11. J

    Farmall in garage

    As space has opened up in my insulated attached garage I am thinking of moving my farmall from the metal barn into the garage. Thought I should ask first in case this is a bad idea for some reason. Thanks John
  12. J

    Unintended Tractor Split

    Over the weekend, a search of this site returned an old post between gurus that implied that loaders, such as a McCormick #31 can cause some tractors to split. One of the posters, I think Allen NE, suggested making a support between the axle bracket and the frame rail with threaded rod to...
  13. J

    McCormick #30/#31 Parts

    In my No. 30 manual that part number is for the cylinder head, front. I bought manuals on Ebay. Then got parts from my IH dealer. I gave up trying to work on this myself and had a local hydraulic shop rebuild them. New rods and honed cylinders. expensive.
  14. J

    Tileing farm land

    There is a fascinating book you can read online. Written by Henry F. French and published in 1859 titled Farm Drainage. Interesting fact is that french drains are named after this person.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top