Recent content by Keith Nebel

  1. K

    Pat Browning's Model H Restoration Guide?

    I found an old discussion from 2014 and it said Charles Lindstrom had the copy rights to this restoration guide. Anyone know how to get a hold of this guy?
  2. K

    Pat Browning's Model H Restoration Guide?

    I'm having no luck in locating Pat Browning's Model H Restoration Guide? Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  3. K

    JD H 3 way fuel valve

    The rod that you turn to operate the 3 way valve. It is connected to a coupling with 2 pins. How do I remove the pins? The ones I have look threaded, but have no slot to unscrew them. or are these pressed in?
  4. K

    Sharps

    D- mentioned to me on a previous post that "sharps" has roller bearing kits to replace the old ball bearings for a JD H governor. Does anyone know what "sharps" is or a website / phone number for "sharps"
  5. K

    1939 John Deere H Governor

    Is Sharps a supply company? Do you have their website or full name for me to look up? also do I just give them the JD part number and they can cross reference what I need? or how do I ask for this?
  6. K

    1939 John Deere H Governor

    The shaft assembly in my governor is moving and then disconnecting from my Magneto. When this happens is there a usual suspect that wears out causing this? Is this a difficult job rebuilding the governor? Do you guys know of anyone that I could send this to to rebuild it?
  7. K

    Wico Mags

    Where do you guys send your mags out to get rebuilt?
  8. K

    1940 John Deere H

    Thanks guys. I don't think the oil has been changed for 10 years or so. The tractor has not had much use at all since then. When I drained the oil there was some sludge but more oil than sludge. I flushed it like the book says to and it looks clean now. I let it sit and drain for a few days...
  9. K

    1940 John Deere H

    I bought my engine oil from local auto parts store. I asked for SAE 30 non detergent. Once I got it home I noticed it read. Hydraulic and compressor oil. The brand is Wolfs Head. It also mentions "it may be used where a high quality, ISO VG 100 / SAE 30 non detergent oil is recomended". Is...
  10. K

    1940 John Deere H

    Thanks for the replies guys. I just wanted to be sure I was not hurting it by running gas all the time. Keith
  11. K

    1940 John Deere H

    Am I ok with running my tractor on just gas. I don't switch it over to diesel once I have it started? Is their benefits to running on diesel?
  12. K

    1940 John Deere H

    Thanks for the info guys. I looked at it last evening and found out that the snap ring holding the gear at the end of fan shaft is missing. This allowed the shaft to eventually work its way towards the radiator, not making enough contact with the gear from the governor. These snap rings, are...
  13. K

    1940 John Deere H

    I just got my first antique tractor. I noticed that my engine fan is not spinning. Is the fan supposed to spin all the time? If not when does it start spinning?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top