Recent content by kencombs

  1. K

    Cub cadet 7305 wheel bolt pattern

    Or, outside of one to inside of the other. No other math needed, and is pretty easy to do accurately with a digital caliper.
  2. K

    Vom recommendations

    So true. I have a truly full auto meter, forgot the brand but, really good one. Anyway, it is limited in what it measures, but does ac/dc volts and ohms. Not buttons to push, selection to make, anything, just go to work with the leads. But, I was working on my trailer turn signals. It...
  3. K

    Changing oil

    I use two good floor jacks, located at the jack/lift points located close by the rear of the front wheels on most all unit bodies, lower a-frames on some and under the axle on really old or big stuff. A couple of jack stands for safety. Can usually get plenty of room that way. Does take of...
  4. K

    Vanguard 35hp no vacuum pulse from manifold

    Replying to my own post. I've had some Vanguards but all 16/18hp. I think they had the pump attached to the valve cover/crankcase vacuum/pulse.. I should have said that the airflow pulse in the intake may not be strong enough to drive the pump as I didn't realize the bigger ones were...
  5. K

    Chard Coffee grounds in concrete

    It is likely due to the sugar in the Coke. A very small amount of sugar added will slow it down. A little too much and it'll never set. Didn't know that until very recently when I ran across that info somewhere. Never tried it myself, but really wish I known that years ago as I could have...
  6. K

    Vanguard 35hp no vacuum pulse from manifold

    I don't understand how a pulse pump would ever work off the intake manifold? There is no pulse there, ever. At least no engine I've ever worked on had anything but a constant vacuum, varies with speed and load but always a vacuum. Just in case someone notices, yes I know turbos are...
  7. K

    Vanguard 35hp no vacuum pulse from manifold

    The pulse line should connect to the crankcase, not the manifold. Often the little like cracks on the ends. Just a tiny leak will cause a no pump problem. Connect a vacuum gauge to the crankcase and spin the engine, you should see a up and down movement. A bad crankshaft seal will leak...
  8. K

    Just picked up a Stihl pole saw---looking for operator tips

    Yep. Did that to an Echo equivalent, actually two of them. Dropped a limb that was too big and couldn’t get it out of the way quick enough
  9. K

    1982 John Deere 317

    Series one KT17 had pressure feed to mains only. Series two has pressure to rods and mains. Worthwhile to upgrade if yours in a one. I seem to recall that series two started at SN 24300. Occasionally a 317 will be found with an Onan as Deere had a retrofit kit before the series two was...
  10. K

    Paint / Rust Removal

    These, or similar other brands/sources...
  11. K

    Mini split heat pump????????

    I have an 18K unit. About a year old, Pioneer brand, bought from Parker-Davis. It replaced a 12k unit that was just too small for the area, but worked well for a couple of years. Both were self-installed with no problem. But, a few days after the first on was started up the inside blower...
  12. K

    Ford 8N 12V EI conversion

    I'm not talking about not working out of the box, but failures in a few days or weeks due to a component out of spec. More common than most realize. And not limited to cars/trucks/tractors, but every mass produced thing that uses ICs, transitors, caps etc. There are grades of those things...
  13. K

    Ford 8N 12V EI conversion

    Regarding warranty and part life: It's been my experience that most electronic failures, of any kind, in any product occur early in the life. If they make it through 'infant mortality' days, they likely will last a long time. So, local access to replacements without a wait is valuable to...
  14. K

    Smart Phone, stuff everyone knows but me.

    Me too on the red part! Don't know how I failed to list that in my original post. Maybe because my RT aid is out for repair and it is the one that actually links the phone and other aid. D...n I miss it. Before these aids I hadn't been able to hold a decent phone conversation is years.
  15. K

    Smart Phone, stuff everyone knows but me.

    And this again! Pictures have a thousand uses. Fixed my A/C Friday, fan motor bad, just took a pic of the label, looked it up on Amazon, ordered it. Had it in hand in 14 hours! Fixed in 1. Much easier to read equipment labels, s/n etc on the screen rather than standing on my head, using...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top