Recent content by Kj88

  1. K

    Farmall M hotrod

    Thats kinda along the lines of what I had in mind. I figured if the engine was going to be torn down anyway there had to be some improvements that could be made to get a few more revs out of it.
  2. K

    Farmall M hotrod

    Thats really cool! I didn t know that. Thanks, I will have to look into that.
  3. K

    Farmall M hotrod

    I understand the safety concerns and don t plan on driving in an unsafe manner or poorly maintained roads. Im not intending to going over 25-30 mph. I know some v8 conversions get up to 35mph without issue. This wouldn t be something I would do for practical purposes. Im more so interested in...
  4. K

    Farmall M hotrod

    I was thinking of achieving around 30mph nothing more. Just enough speed for backroads. Ive also considered going the v8 route. Thought Id ask what potential the original engine has before going down that road. I already have an old 3 on the tree six banger for doing the same thing Im wanting...
  5. K

    Farmall M hotrod

    I have an M with a tired engine. The other tractors I have are more comfortable and capable so Im tossing around the idea of making some kind of hotrod for driving around out of the M. Would it be difficult to rebuild the original engine and upgrade it to handle higher rpm? I know the flywheel...
  6. K

    Case 530 ck transmission drive shaft plug

    Thank you connor9988 for the info. I considered trying something hydraulic but I wasn t aware a hydraulic pto drive was available. I had envisioned hydraulic lines going to a hydraulic gearbox mounted on a bushog, similar to what skidsteers and trackhoes use. If this doesn t work out I might...
  7. K

    Case 530 ck transmission drive shaft plug

    Thank you LPakiz! Those are some great suggestions. I wasn t sure how tight the housing is supposed to be in there and Im concerned about damaging it. I think your suggestions will do the trick. This post was edited by Kj88 on 10/23/2022 at 06:45 am.
  8. K

    Case 530 ck transmission drive shaft plug

    Thank you for the info r.w.b. Yes the boot was repaired a few years ago and I found a pinhole in the gear shifter cover that will need repaired. This post was edited by Kj88 on 10/23/2022 at 06:43 am.
  9. K

    Case 530 ck transmission drive shaft plug

    Can someone tell me how to pull the seal housing off so I can remove this plug? Im considering adding a pto assembly and this seems to be the only obstacle to overcome. Im hoping once this plug is removed that it reveals a splined fitting that will accept a pto input shaft? Do CKs used a...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top