Recent content by KJMClark

  1. K

    Cub stuck clutch, but I think it's a pack rat

    OK, season's over, and the clutch worked terrific this year. Nice and smooth, just like I'd hope. Didn't need to split the tractor again. After that last post, I just put everything back together and used it all summer without problems. However, I *will* have to split it again this winter...
  2. K

    Cub stuck clutch, but I think it's a pack rat

    An update. More for anyone who comes along with a similar problem some day. I've been working on this all winter - once or twice a week, spray with PB Blaster, try working it. That wasn't making any progress at all. Another thing I've been trying is hitting it with a propane torch, then work...
  3. K

    Cub stuck clutch, but I think it's a pack rat

    Jim - Yes, I'm aware, but it's also often easier to heat the part and then drip the wax into the spot. The concept is like sweating pipes, I know. In this case, I first heated the flange to the point my PB Blaster was smoking out of the problem spot. Then I tried to put the candle there - but...
  4. K

    Cub stuck clutch, but I think it's a pack rat

    If anybody checks in, I went out Tuesday later and tried some of the things people mentioned. I tried heating the part again and dripping wax into the problem spot. But there wasn't enough room to get the wax to drip into the gap. I'm going to try that again with a few birthday candles -...
  5. K

    Cub stuck clutch, but I think it's a pack rat

    Actually, I realized I had another tab open with the page from the service manual Used Red gave me from before - Thanks! Here's the diagram. The bottom of the torque tube is at the top (with the grease zerk they didn't start adding till serial #200,000 something!). The part that's stuck is 18...
  6. K

    Cub stuck clutch, but I think it's a pack rat

    Caterpillar guy - I think that's the best way to handle the brake shaft - that's what I've been doing, anyway. But I don't know how I'd do that with the clutch shaft. To get it out, I think I'd have to split the tractor again (which I could do), remove the clutch linkage clamp (total PITA -...
  7. K

    Cub stuck clutch, but I think it's a pack rat

    Hey - thanks everyone! Wasn't expecting so many replies. I can't report much improvement yet, but I appreciate all the suggestions. It's Monday now, I worked on it a bunch yesterday, and I'll be able to go back and work on it more Tuesday or Wednesday. I have the brake shaft partially out...
  8. K

    Cub stuck clutch, but I think it's a pack rat

    Actually, that diagram does help some. I finally got around to splitting the tractor and cleaning out all of that. Here's what I have now: The clutch looks fine and works fine. I think I'm the only one to use it in the last decade. It's rusty, but the fingers are in good shape and the...
  9. K

    Cub stuck clutch, but I think it's a pack rat

    That's a question I had. How far back does the clutch pedal and linkage go? I can't tell what's how far back. From my looking at things, the clutch pedal part of the linkage is about half-way back on the torque tube, and the pile of crap starts about halfway back on the torque tube. The...
  10. K

    Cub stuck clutch, but I think it's a pack rat

    Shop vac. Didn't think of that. I started with the wire, and didn't manage to get any of it to move. Really hard starting with a bend in the wire to get in the tube, then getting something to go over the top of the crud in there. By linkage, you mean the back side of the cradle that's...
  11. K

    860 hood front upper support

    Mine just attaches at those four points. Two big bolts in bottom front, two smaller ones back by the console. I did get two pads when I replaced the radiator. I kind of thought they were to go under the radiator - some kind of spacers. But they weren't there when I took the old radiator off...
  12. K

    Cub stuck clutch, but I think it's a pack rat

    I'm about the fifth person to post about a stuck clutch on a cub, but I think my problem is a little different. I bought a cub three years ago, replaced the stuck valves, did some more work on it, and it mostly runs well now. But the clutch has never worked right. The clutch plate works fine...
  13. K

    Ford 800/900 Hydraulic Remote - Auxiliary Port

    Followup - you were both right on the money. But three notes: - This remote wasn't closed center. The only time the tractor worked harder was when the splitter was up against some of my nasty elm and couldn't make progress. - I wanted the hoses hooked up so I could pull the remote (on the...
  14. K

    Ford 800/900 Hydraulic Remote - Auxiliary Port

    OK. So I'll forget about that auxiliary port - I'll probably just put the bolt back in it (has a special washer). I don't really have a use for it. I'll hook up the splitter to the remote's pair of hoses. I'll tie it one way and have someone operate the splitter to see if we like the...
  15. K

    Ford 800/900 Hydraulic Remote - Auxiliary Port

    Thanks Mark! So what's the purpose of that auxiliary port then? Sounds like it's just for picking something else up like the lift arms do. If I made a modified fill cover that the return hose attached to, so it went directly into the sump, would that be a horrible thing to do? The remote...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top