Recent content by KlinkSanford

  1. K

    Please ID this Implement

    No, there was nothing else. I moved here almost 22 years ago and found this article one day and always assumed it was something for a tractor, and placed it in the scrap metal section. I'd run into it every so often and always wonder what is this for? A few days ago, I ran into the part when I...
  2. K

    Please ID this Implement

    The bottom had some green tape material that was decomposed which I washed off looking for a brand mark. One can still make out the tape marks on the bottom. It appeared to be like felt where it was not fully decomposed. So you may be on the right track.
  3. K

    Please ID this Implement

    Didn't know about Google Lens, I just tried it and the response is much better, with pictures, but no final answer. Still a mystery.
  4. K

    Please ID this Implement

    Here's the bottom picture. (P.S.- in the original picture, of the top, it has a hole which does not go through, it is 2 1/8" deep, while the piece is 2 3/8" thick there.)
  5. K

    Please ID this Implement

    My son (22) who has always had an incredible eye for these things, says he thinks it is some kind of counterweight for a tractor. Well see.
  6. K

    Please ID this Implement

    I found this in my barn years ago, y place was a nursery, and before that they had cattle here. I assumed it was some kind of an apparatus for a tractor. My son in-law is a computer programmer, and he told me about ChatGPT, that you can send pictures, and it answers like a person. So, I...
  7. K

    Please ID this Implement

    Here's the profile. Thank you.
  8. K

    Please ID this Implement

    Can someone please tell me what this implement is called and how it is used? It is 7.5" x 16.5", and the forks are 5/8" at the back and 7/16" at the tips. See attached picture
  9. K

    640 Idles Perfect but Won't Rev Pp

    Spoke too soon, the engine returned to its old ways idles perfect but it will not rev up, it'll spit stutter, even sometimes backfiring, but it won't speed up. Tried the old set of points and it did the same thing, it runs great for like 5 minutes then goes back to the spit and stutter at high...
  10. K

    640 Idles Perfect but Won't Rev Pp

    Yes, you are correct, cleaning with cardboarb as you recommend is what we used to do when I had points on my boat engines back in the 1970's. Been a long time and I had forgotten, but curiously, last night I remembered that I think we used a piece of the points box or a matchbook. This morning I...
  11. K

    640 Idles Perfect but Won't Rev Pp

    Just thought I'd pass along this experience below on to others, and the simple solution, lightly sand your points before installing them. Repairing a 1954 Ford 640 for a neighbor, it sat for 15 years in a field after its owner passed away. The gas tank was shot, so I removed it and installed a...
  12. K

    Dwell for setting point gap of Ford 600

    From a 2004 thread of YT, Dell said: Jim..... ...most dwell specifications are about 2/3's of the camshaft rotation. ...ie... 4-cyl is 360/4 = 90* rotation; 2/3's = 60* dwell 6-cyl is 360/6 = 60* rotation; 2/3's = 45* dwell 8-cyl is 360/8 = 45* rotation; 2/3's = 30* dwell I use 55-60* dwell on...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top