Recent content by kshansen

  1. K

    Source for front tire square head bolts needed

    Guess one could make some for them self! Take a chunk of square stock the size of the head of the bolt then turn it down to 1/2 inch except for the head and run a die over the end. Or find a longer 1/2 inch square head bolt and cut off the threaded part and run a die for the fine threads over...
  2. K

    Farmall B blue smoke

    Might want to add in a head gasket set and pan gasket. While head is off maybe get it to a good machine shop for a valve job!
  3. K

    Farmall B rear wheel rim clamp bolts

    OK! you got me to look at my BN. Well the rear wheels are held on with grade 5 hex head bolts. Also it looks like when done (I assume it was me several decades back) the heads were ground on the high spots of the six head bolts to almost make them square. Guess I forgot to hit POST as I wrote...
  4. K

    Farmall BN problem today

    Just wondering if there is some place on the tractor where they would put that s/n? Mine does not have the tag that I see most pictures show, not even sure if there are holes where the rivets might have been.
  5. K

    Farmall BN problem today

    Then I better treat it right as it's 6 years older than me!
  6. K

    Farmall BN problem today

    Just thought I should post a picture of the gears out of my BN: Anyone have info on the year this BN might be? No tags on tractor but t he engine block has this numer near the magneto: FABN 107333
  7. K

    Farmall BN problem today

    Well this morning I did mow a couple laps around the 3 acre back yard then went in the shed for the retorque/valve adj. For the retorque I backed off each nut, one at a time, maybe 1/4 turn then tightened to 65ft.lb. All the nuts turned maybe a little less than 15 degrees more than they were...
  8. K

    Farmall BN problem today

    Well unless the Parkinson's acts up I plan on mowing a few laps to warm it up then pull valve cover and rockers to do a retorque of the head nuts and recheck/adj. the valves tomorrow and put hood and rad. cover on and maybe finish the mowing of back three+ acres. Might even find time to post a...
  9. K

    Farmall BN problem today

    Forgot to mention that I had cranked it over the first time before I put the water in radiator and it fired up but would not shut off. Seems I had somehow forgot to connect the kill switch wire to the magneto, only ran at idle for a few seconds before I realized the mistake!
  10. K

    Farmall BN problem today

    Well time for an update I guess! I got a bit more done before lunch today. Installed hose clamps and alternator added oil, for now decided to go with the 30w oil I had bought the other day. Put the old coolant back in, might change it later this year before freezing temps as I have added a...
  11. K

    Farmall BN problem today

    Not a lot of stuff done today, my energy level is a bit low! Did put front wheels under frame and installed the radiator, got to remember the hose clamps need to go on before adding coolant! Right now other than hose clamps and mounting the alternator and adding oil and coolant then try...
  12. K

    Farmall BN problem today

    A little more done on BN. Tighten the pan bolts I put in the other day then installed oil filter, exhaust/intake manifold, air filter, governor assembly and the biggest part was hung on but not tightened yet, the steering assembly. Had a little problem with that as for some reason could not find...
  13. K

    Farmall BN problem today

    Sounds like a plan! Got valves set to .014 in., installed valve cover, front cover, magneto, crank pulley and oil pan. Then it was time for lunch, can't seem to get guy (wait that's me!} to work after lunch some days! Probably next steps will be manifolds and governor control. After that looks...
  14. K

    Farmall BN problem today

    Did not work on tractor today, lawn needed mowing, plus had PT for the Parkinson's crap!! But just one question about the valve setting, as I recall only spec is for setting hot, believe it is .014 inch. Anyone who has done some of these recently would you suggest setting them a little looser...
  15. K

    Farmall BN problem today

    Well I did buy some straight 30 weight oil but might just use that in lawn mower and such. More I think of it the 15W-40 sounds better. Do not often use the Farmall in cold weather, but having said that there will be some reason I need to this winter when it's in the single digets! I did get a...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top