Recent content by lanfor105

  1. L

    Body shop...what to do?

    If you put a good coat of primer on it it won't matter if it is sheet or cast iron.
  2. L

    Body shop...what to do?

    Stephen hit the nail right on the head. These body shops have gone to the base /clear coat paint. The hardner I put in the paint I use will keep it protected for a long time. I won't put low grade paint in my spray guns unless I have a old one. These spray guns are high now if you buy the best ones.
  3. L

    Body shop...what to do?

    The base coat / clear coat paint is what every body shop plus auto factors use now. You might still get the acrylic enamel paint too. The base and clear coat paint is very expensive but great paint. It depends on if you are restoring the tractor. If so I would let them paint the whole thing.
  4. L

    painting 2640

    You can buy the primer that fills in the divets. He can get the paint that matches his John Deere at tractor <>supply in quart cans or spray cans. If he uses the Velcro <>sandpaper that fits a 5 inch sanders in 220 and 120 grit <>it will take all the rust off. If he follows our directions it...
  5. L

    painting 2640

    Just get some 220 and a pack of 120 and use a orbital sanders and sand off all the rust to bare metal and get a couple cans of sandals primer and spray over the sanded places a coat at a time until covered and then get some fine wet and dry sandpaper and water sand the primer.until smooth. Go...
  6. L

    Santiago scalp wheels

    How do I put anti scalp wheels on my business mower deck
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top