Recent content by LWG

  1. L

    Gettong a 1946 John Deere B going again

    Gentlemen, Delays, but I'm still working on the John Deere B. I found that the magneto, a Wico C, had a broken case which did not allow it to be mounted properly. I had to pull the tractor to get it started and it wouldn't run right. I found a salvage magneto which is a Wico X and it checked...
  2. L

    1943 JD B update

    I admire your ability to do a project like this outside under the trees! I'm grateful for a good garage with concrete floors and a roof. I'm still working on my 1946 B "get it running" project. '
  3. L

    Gettong a 1946 John Deere B going again

    i need some advice. I just got a set of points for my Wico C mag from a reputable company and the points do not meet straight on. Probably one third each of the faces touch the other. Is it ok to bend the movable side or will that weaken it?
  4. L

    Gettong a 1946 John Deere B going again

    It's a Wico C mag and I'm trying to get it what it needs to run. Hopefully I won't have to do a complete disassembly, but if i have too,,,, Also working with the gas tanks. Waiting on a carb kit, it's a DLTX 34. I'm recently retired and I'm enjoying the process. Thank you for your input and help.
  5. L

    Gettong a 1946 John Deere B going again

    Hey guys, I get continuity/resistance through the primary windings of the coil but not throught the secondary windings. I'm thinking the coil needs to be replaced?
  6. L

    Gettong a 1946 John Deere B going again

    Sage advice. Grateful to you O
  7. L

    Gettong a 1946 John Deere B going again

    Great idea! Those rocks were a pain to get out. Next time..... Thank you!
  8. L

    Gettong a 1946 John Deere B going again

    Both of the tanks are rusty, today I pressure washed and did the “ rock tumbler” thing with some stones by hand until I was wore out. Re pressure washed and it seems like it might be ok if I keep my eye on the sediment bowl. Then I dried it out the best I could and sprayed a little PB blaster on...
  9. L

    Gettong a 1946 John Deere B going again

    Hi guys, This B has been shedded but not run in over 15 years and the fuel tanks were not drained, yes they are an awful mess. I now have decent compression on both cylinders, I'm working on the carb and it is rebuildable, haven't taken the mag apart but I am working on understanding it...
  10. L

    1948 John Deere A generator/regulator

    Next project is a JD B, sorry
  11. L

    1948 John Deere A generator/regulator

    My work is done, it runs really nice and the system is charging the battery. Starter works beautiful and the engine pops first time over. My brother the owner is pleased and says he wants to try to sell. Great tractor, thanks for your help and encouragement. My next project is a JD A that's...
  12. L

    1948 John Deere A generator/regulator

    The lights are there but not connected. Just haven't got there yet! Thank you for your help. it's a three brush, btw
  13. L

    1948 John Deere A generator/regulator

    Thanks for checking back! No, I'm still fighting but I am hopeful. It finally quit showing any amps at all after had searched out all of the wiring looking for shorts. One of the checks I made showed that the voltage regulator was toast, so I now have one on order, it looked really old and...
  14. L

    1948 John Deere A generator/regulator

    Not sure if this answers your question but there are three terminals on the regulator. One has wire to the ammeter, another to the field terminal on the gen,. and another to the armature terminal on the gen.
  15. L

    1948 John Deere A generator/regulator

    It does! It is mounted on a Delco Remy 12v generator, but I don't know what type it is.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top