Recent content by mdstl54

  1. M

    what was the orginal color of the gas cap 1949 farmall C

    I've seen several farmall C's B"s Super C's and some have their gas and oil caps painted red and some have them painted black. What was the original color of the gas and oil caps?
  2. M

    Farmall C PTO shaft, bearings and seal - how to replace

    I'm hoping that I can use a press to get that gear off of the shaft. With the way the shaft wiggles while still on the tractor, I'm afraid of what I'll find. Will the wiggle be due to a bearing or maybe the seal is in such bad shape that it is allowing the movement - I'm not sure. Going to find...
  3. M

    Farmall C PTO shaft, bearings and seal - how to replace

    Thanks Harold - every little bit of information helps
  4. M

    Farmall C PTO shaft, bearings and seal - how to replace

    Thanks Jim. I've heard it both ways - yes you need to remove the gear and no, you just leave the gear and put the delete cover over the gear. I guess I'll find out. What I really need to know is if that complete PTO assembly pulls out from the back - make the repair and then slides back in the...
  5. M

    Farmall C PTO shaft, bearings and seal - how to replace

    Thanks Gene. I already got that cover to eliminate the 90 degree belt drive. And the main reason I got the new out put shaft is - its worn pretty bad and looks a little bent and has a chunk out of it. The guy I bought it from had rebuilt the motor 2 years ago and it runs circles around my Super C.
  6. M

    Farmall C PTO shaft, bearings and seal - how to replace

    Farmall C PTO shaft - removal to replace bearings and seal. How involved is it. Do I have to remove the top plate off the top of the transmission or do I simply unbolt the PTO cover housing at the back of the tractor and pull it out. The PTO works fine, but leaks like a sieve and you can wiggle...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top