Recent content by Mike(NEOhio)

  1. M

    What Did You Do With Your Green Tractor Today?

    Tomorrow I'm going to put the bull pinion housing back in. It's been sitting for a couple of weeks. Could not find the 6-1/4 inch O-ring at any parts stores and the three valve service companies I tried. Got it from McMaster-Carr, had to buy a package of ten but they were only $8.40. I'll keep...
  2. M

    M W Model P-400A Dynamometer exhibition at Horsepower Weekend

    I didn't get there. Was that Tom's E3? He hasn't had it long.
  3. M

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    No nourishment? Isn't that silage only dry. My FIL always planted some sweet corn in with the field corn for roadside sale. After the picking he would bring the stalks in for the cows. They loved it.
  4. M

    Ford 3000 Brake Failure

    For car or truck wheel bearings half full is usual because the grease wlll migrate around and packed full can overheat. But that's much higher speeds. For a tractor I wouldn't be afraid to go pretty full. Just my opinion, and we know what opinions are like.
  5. M

    H oil pump

    That's exactly what I made the new shaft from. Back when I tore the tractor apart I just went ahead and made the new shaft and never noticed the smaller end. My guess is they made the tight fit to counteract the axial thrust from the helical gears. I could never understand why the bearings are...
  6. M

    H oil pump

    Issue solved. On closer inspection after cleaning up the old shaft on a wire wheel the last inch at the top end of the shaft is .619. Still pretty tight but doable. The shaft also shows some shearing on either side of the keyseat.
  7. M

    Cotter pin on bottom of 2010

    The pin is loose so rattling around keep the hole open for oil or condensation.
  8. M

    How often do you buy a whole tractor just to get a part?

    I bought a G from an older guy back in the 90s. It was a good solid runner, Mott mower on it with a snow blower, chains, plow and cultivator. It came with another whole tractor he got for parts. Non running '48 and real bad tires. I snapped an axle once and it was nice to have the parts on hand.
  9. M

    Literature--Mid 1950's Allis Chalmers 66 All-Crop Harvester Combine Brochure

    My FIL had a 60. Didn't use it often bc one field of grain could give him enough for several years of feed on his small operation. When he gave up the milking he sold it. As I recall he got $200 for it, two years after he spent $400 for new canvases.
  10. M

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    Same thing I have done 20 plus years. Profitable if you can do your own repairs, not go hog-wild on new equipment and keep it small-scale.
  11. M

    Contaminated Gear Oil

    My '72 2000, basically the same as a 3000, gets used for snow plowing. Starting on a cold day it would stall if I let the clutch up. Had to give it more throttle and ease the pedal and run it for a few minutes. I finally opened up the trans and found 90 wt that looked orange. Replaced it with...
  12. M

    Ford 3000 Brake Failure

    You've gone this far and have a new seal, why "not" replace it. It has already leaked. What make you think it is still good? Oil seal, grease seal? Tomato tomato, same seal. Your grease was diluted with trans fluid from the inner seal. If the outer seal was good it would not have leaked. Is the...
  13. M

    H oil pump

    Only one, hard to miss.,
  14. M

    H oil pump

    Yup, only the fit. Are you going to be at the show at John's Nursery next Saturday?
  15. M

    H oil pump

    Yes, done that too. Bearings and gears are really tight. Fanshaft bearings as well.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top