Recent content by mikeysgarage

  1. M

    Still no spark Ferguson TEA20

    I've finally got spark! Replaced the coil, still had no spark, put the old condenser back in as new one did have no reading but the old one had ohms. Still had no spark. I watched a video from Bundy Bear and he had his condenser and points on near the head of the nut (when I started messing with...
  2. M

    Still no spark Ferguson TEA20

    Yeah my coil read fine, it was about 1.8 on the primary and around 11k on the secondary but no spark came from the coil wire when I tried it
  3. M

    Still no spark Ferguson TEA20

    No, no spare coils around. I tried testing the coil plug wire out of the distributor side 1/4" from ground, I found a good ground with my test light and used that. I've been thinking more about it and I think I'm not getting sufficient voltage to the coil from ignition. Most of the wiring on the...
  4. M

    Still no spark Ferguson TEA20

    Hi everyone, gathered a lot of info and help here on this platform and am looking for some more! I've been slowly restoring an old tea20 tractor that has been sitting 10+ years. I've come down to having rewired a lot of it and am finding I have no spark. Coil has good primary and secondary...
  5. M

    Ferguson Tea20 starter solenoid?

    Yeah, I had hoped for an internal regulator. I'm replacing most of the electrical anyways maybe thats why they all seem a bit faulty, thanks for your insights
  6. M

    Ferguson Tea20 starter solenoid?

    I've been trying to get it to start again this weekend, haven't had much luck. The spark is weak/inconsistent so I'm replacing the distributor cap etc. Looking at that Mopar alternator (really cool so many people had so much to day about them!) though as I'm also cleaning up all the messy...
  7. M

    Ferguson Tea20 starter solenoid?

    Mine is definitely a negative ground, the negative cable was attached to the back of the instrument panel. It also has an alternator (attached a pic cuz I've been wrong before)
  8. M

    Ferguson Tea20 starter solenoid?

    Thanks all for the advice! I decided since the solenoid looked really rusted anyways that I would reset everything and get a new starter switch and bring it back to how it originally should be. During my reconfiguring I found the selector rails were seized and ended up taking off the steering...
  9. M

    Ferguson Tea20 starter solenoid?

    I agree, you're posts will no doubt help me in my restoration! Thank you for the bell housing info and the 12 volts, I live in Ontario Canada, there is a place around that I've found has parts for the air cleaner thats missing I can get delivered in, this site has a Canadian equivalent luckily...
  10. M

    Ferguson Tea20 starter solenoid?

    I'll grab some better pics this weekend, here is one of the sides with hood up and down. I know its been running in the last 10-15 years as I have a picture of my mom driving it
  11. M

    Ferguson Tea20 starter solenoid?

    Oh, I didn't know that, I've been going off that 6 cells were 1v/cell. I'm fairly new with tinkering with stuff and haven't had a situation where I needed to know about the voltage in the battery yet and google has been my teacher (though I know unreliable at times). When I looked up the battery...
  12. M

    Ferguson Tea20 starter solenoid?

    Thank you for the detailed response! It is a Tea20 and I'm pretty sure its 6volts based on the battery I removed only having 6 cells, the serial number luckily is still on it and legible. I'm away from the tractor right now but will check on Friday when I'm back up on the farm and will check...
  13. M

    Ferguson tea20 zenith carberator 24T2

    Hey all, was wondering if anyone could tell me if the choke on the zenith carb should have both sides move the butterfly plate? Currently mine just moves the plate with the one side with the gear on it but the other side doesn't move the plate at all. Can anyone tell me if there's moves with...
  14. M

    Ferguson Tea20 starter solenoid?

    Sweet, thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try!
  15. M

    Ferguson Tea20 starter solenoid?

    Hi all, I've recently started working on my Grandpa's old 1955 Tea20, its been sitting for a while (maybe 10-15 years) it looks decent under the hood but looks like he was messing with the carb before he quit. I removed the battery and found a lot of rust beneath the tray including this little...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top