Recent content by Mnethercutt

  1. M

    1010 RUS Dual Hydraulic system - single lever 3pt "HELP"

    I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you. I have a different service manual that has a large warning in it that you have to put a mark on Part 61 and a spline on Part 39 prior to disassembly to make sure it goes back together correctly. It does not provide a way for identifying the 'correct'...
  2. M

    1010 RUS Dual Hydraulic system - single lever 3pt "HELP"

    Most of my experience is with the dual hydraulics, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'm not understanding your question well. What exactly did you take apart when you replaced the seals? I've replaced the main cylinder seals on mine before and I didn't have to do much more than split the...
  3. M

    Am I being misled?

    I appreciate all the replies. I have not mic'd the crankshaft yet, so the jury is still out on that. I'm going to reach back out to the seller and see if he has another set he'd be willing to send out if I returned these. It sounds like they could be made usable with a lot of work but I don't...
  4. M

    Am I being misled?

    If it helps, I paid $60 for the full set (left and right). From this site it's $1000 new so... probably a deal even if they're marginal. My bigger concern is that the crankshaft I bought has very clean journals and I wouldn't want the bearings to tear them up.
  5. M

    Am I being misled?

    I ordered a set of "good used" main bearings for my late model b. The bearings are from a used parts source that I have purchased from in the past and have had good luck with. I also ordered a crankshaft in the same order, with all the parts arriving in the same crate. The crankshaft is in...
  6. M

    John Deere 440 vs 1010 crawler dozer

    Maybe this is the wrong place to rant about this, but I'm flabbergasted by some of the prices PartsASAP is charging for things. Several times in the last six months I've looked at getting parts from them and they have been significantly more expensive than getting it from Deere themselves...
  7. M

    Model A Oil Pump Discharge Line Seal/O Ring

    Thanks for the replies; an o-ring worked fine. On to the next problem!
  8. M

    Model A Oil Pump Discharge Line Seal/O Ring

    Pulled the oil pump on my model A during troubleshooting and need to replace the seal/oring (F3384R) on the pump discharge line that goes to the head. I can't find but one site that lists the part and it doesn't have pictures. Mine fell apart in my hand when I touched it. Does anyone know if...
  9. M

    John Deere 1010

    There is either a hex or square bit plug on the back of the cluch housing you can pull out to drain out whatever is left in there.
  10. M

    John Deere 1010

    Unless you have a borescope, there isn't a way to tell where your excess oil is coming from, and even with a borescope it's probably questionable. Removing the pump and replacing that seal isn't a huge job, maybe 4 hours of work depending on how stubborn your lines and bolts are. When you pull...
  11. M

    John Deere 1010

    Assuming its hydraulic fluid, a common cause is the seal on the bottom of the hydraulic pump. Part No. AH15442 (tried to post a screenshot of the diagram but I'm on a work computer and it won't load). Same seal is used in the non-power steering pump and the late style power steering pump. If...
  12. M

    JD 1010 manual trans clutch problems

    Is this a crawler or a tractor? If a tractor, changing the transmission fluid should have nothing to do with brakes or clutch.
  13. M

    Another JD1010 starting problem

    Don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure you didn't flood it? A "heaping dose of starting fluid" will flood these, as will an even slightly improperly set float. I wouldn't be surprised if you finally got it dry enough to start and it burned enough fuel to keep the fuel level in the carb...
  14. M

    Looking at a Ford 3910, need some advice please…

    Having read all of your replies on here, it sounds to me like you don't have very much experience driving a tractor, at least on a hill. My advice, whenever you get the tractor, would be to start in a flat area and get used to how the tractor operates and any quirks with the machine. When you...
  15. M

    Model B Engine Questions

    Lynerd, Not sure if you saw it but I sent you a direct message on here about that crankshaft if you have more info on it. Thanks.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top