Recent content by Momo Taro

  1. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    Aho! 5/16 deep socket bolt extractor works. The teeth bited the nipple, twisted it, pulled it...
  2. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    HELP! Today I started to dissemble every valve from the valve chest according to the sequence on the manual. All valves were removed, except the "Rate of lowering valve". I removed the cover. The plunger/spool stuck inside. I tried many times with pliers, no luck. Any idea? Many Thanks
  3. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    UPDATE: Yesterday I removed the valve chest. As expected, the spool valve is fully stuck. Next step is to remove every valve, clean and reassemble. The entire process was smothier than original plan. I watched this YT video multiple times Because of this video, I even got the engine hoist out...
  4. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    They cut the connection plate in right hand that with a pressure test port, the test port was cut off and welded 2 fittings to feed the loader. So that the loader and 3pt hitch are in series. Pump feed the loader directly which is the upstream, the return oil from loader feeds into the 3pt hitch...
  5. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    Super informative! I am thinking about these 2 options, removed the valve; or work in place. There are too many unknown things about its prior history. I really concern about if tap the top of the valve in place, is it possible to damage the rocker lever and abutement block beneath the spool...
  6. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    UPDATE 03/17/24 Found the lever doesn't move the spool valve. When I moved the quadrant lever from one end to another, and observe through the inspection window, the tip of spool valve didn't move at all. Might be something wrong with the lever control rod or the linkage mechanism. According...
  7. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    Thank you for the autopsy picture. I probably gonna have some questions about the control valve. I think 885's control valve should be essentially same as 990. Correction to last post: The dial switch should be okay. When the lever is not fully pulled back, the switch can be turned from left or...
  8. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    UPDATE: Unscrewed the valve screw with HF bit socket and impact screwdriver. But after quite a while with engine running, there is still no fluid or bubble coming out. Suspect there is something wrong in the hydro and hydro control. I noticed the switch dial #13 on this DB can be turned anong...
  9. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    Per manual, the 'thermostart' is in the fuel pump, a butterfly valve, and it's optional feature. On this tractor, the buttlerfly knob is gone (or never existed). Since it fires up every time eventually as long as the battery is strong enough, I have not digged into the thermostart yet before...
  10. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    Thanks. Tomorrow I will try HF scrapper kit first, then this one. Simply because cheaper.
  11. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    I have similar HF version of this impact screwdriver kit. And tried with the standard flathead bit in the kit and light weight hammer. The pblm is the blade is not long enough.
  12. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    UPDATE 03/15/24 1. Ram cylinder leak, air trap Removed the connector plate in front of the lift ram cylinder. Found there is little oil flew out from the oil port, which means there is no oil in the cylinder, instead, air trap. I also noticed there is oil stain beneath the plate, and there is...
  13. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    Forgot to mention, it happened in the auction yard. The battery dead in the ealier day, so I put a new battery in the next day. No washing, but there was rain. Not looks like the rain water. Unfortunately the user manual doesn't cover any diy modification. It never mentioned the key cylinder...
  14. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    I am in WA, I love monkey and I love peach. It's 100% sure the +/- was not the culprit. Removed the original dead battery with neg in the left, pos in the right. And put a fully charged battery in the same way. Otherwise the tractor would not start later. There is a wire from a plastic connector...
  15. Momo Taro

    Let's fix this DB 885

    Hi, It means "Peach Boy" in Japanese. For the short fire, I connected +/- correctly. The only issue I overlooked is when I try to hook up, the key was still in the cylinder hole, and was in the position that 1 click anticlockwise from the initial position that can insert/pull out. Once I hooked...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top