Recent content by motomojo

  1. M

    JD 350 crawler injector pump replacement

    Actually the hose clamps on the return lines were loose tightened them and no more leaks. Thanks Joe
  2. M

    JD 350 crawler injector pump replacement

    Success got the pump off sure enough an umbrella seal that rolled back on install. With he proper tool it went on very smooth moved it back and forth a couple times and it was nice and easy going on. Tractor fired right up and is running fine. There is a leak on the #1 and 3 return line and i...
  3. M

    JD 350 crawler injector pump replacement

    No i bought a rebuilt pump. Mech was from a local mobile Mech co. in Kingman and he was not real sure of how to do it never had worked on an old JD tractor. So tube should have been epoxied at the factory so i may not need to replace it if it is still in good right? Just lube the new seals and...
  4. M

    JD 350 crawler injector pump replacement

    Thank you i do not believe the old mech did any epoxy at all at least i don't remember him applying any so that may be the whole issue. What brand 2 part epoxy do you recommend or does it matter. Thanks Joe
  5. M

    JD 350 crawler injector pump replacement

    Thank you so it did come with a new bushing. I'm ordering a new one just in case he damaged the one in it and have a very good mech helping now. I'm figuring since the old mech didn't have the tool to put in the umbrella seals he got one in wrong and hence the problem. Seems fairly simple to do...
  6. M

    JD 350 crawler injector pump replacement

    Hello need some help with putting a new injector pump on my 68 JD 350 crawler. I had a mech put it on back in Feb and he was not familiar with it and got something wrong as it started filling my crank with fuel. I have new seals umbrella and shaft and the special tools to put them in what i am...
  7. M

    68 john deere crawler injector removal

    Thank you for the info I am now feeling it's the pump an injector couldn't put that much fuel in the crank. I hired a certified Mech to put the new pump on so maybe he will come fix his mistake.
  8. M

    68 john deere crawler injector removal

    Do you know where i can purchase the seal compression tool. Or is that something an auto parts store may have for loan or rent.
  9. M

    68 john deere crawler injector removal

    Thank you for the info on the tools. I to now feel that it must be the pump seal cos i just don't see how an injector could put so much fuel in the crank. I had a certified Mech put in the new pump so maybe he will come fix his mistake...Right! I think i will not pull the injectors at this point...
  10. M

    68 john deere crawler injector removal

    Won't start when i crank it fuel runs out the oil dipstick tube. I replaced the Injector pump last Feb and have checked the lift pump and it is fine. I think i have an injector stuck open and it is allowing fuel into the crank. Last time i used it it started fine but was running pretty sluggish...
  11. M

    68 john deere crawler injector removal

    Hello all i have a 68 John Deere 350 Crawler i need to pull the injectors out of but don't know how any help please
  12. M

    JD 350 crawler Stalls out

    Sorry for the late results but i just got to work on the dozer today. The petcock was the problem it was clogged and also being a little loose allowed air in when the pump pulled so hard to get fuel through the clog. Works like a champ now thank you all for your help.
  13. M

    JD 350 crawler Stalls out

    I will try that.
  14. M

    JD 350 crawler Stalls out

    yes to the mechanical fuel pump on right side of engine that is as far as i replaced the fuel line tank to mechanical fuel pump. If it is a bad Mech fuel pump would that cause the air to come from the tank flowing with the fuel or would it introduce air at the pump? I am seeing air bubbles...
  15. M

    JD 350 crawler Stalls out

    So far you have made the most sense will check the petcock to see which i have and go from there. Thanks
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top