Recent content by Mudrig150

  1. Mudrig150

    Mudrig's new Ford 3000

    Just noticed something really worrying... while up under the tractor I noticed I could see light through the wheel center... turns out both centers are super thin around the bolt holes from rust, and the left side actually has some siezeable rust holes around the bolts... I only have 1 good rim...
  2. Mudrig150

    Mudrig's new Ford 3000

    Drawbar obtained, had to fight it to get the drawbar into the bracket, and unfortunately the swing plate bracket is bent just enough that it doesn't swing freely... oh well, it moves with a hammer at least. It was a nightmare to find since I haven't seen a single 2000 or 3000 with the drawbar...
  3. Mudrig150

    Modifying cabs to fit other tractors

    Got some measurements off the cab today and scaled it to a picture properly, and it's actually a fairly decent fit. A bunch of modifications will be needed to make it fully fit but it's fairly simple stuff that needs done. My plan is to mostly run it without the doors or windows and then throw a...
  4. Mudrig150

    Modifying cabs to fit other tractors

    I think the main issue with a lot of these cabs is that they have really terrible acoustics, zero insulation, and poor isolation from the engine noise. I sat in an older Deere once where they actually put in the effort to actually insulate the cab, add sound deadening, and overall seal it up...
  5. Mudrig150

    Modifying cabs to fit other tractors

    That's a bit too much of a drive for me, unfortunately...
  6. Mudrig150

    Modifying cabs to fit other tractors

    I've been doing some rough photoshopping and I think that this international year-a-round cab that's for sale will mostly fit. Platform's going to need to be raised but the platform is too far down for my feet to touch it to begin with, so that's not a huge deal. The only company I've found that...
  7. Mudrig150

    Modifying cabs to fit other tractors

    Looking for advice. I want to put a cab on my 3000 but have been having a lot of trouble finding a factory cab that isnt attached to a $10k tractor or in horrific shape. My plan is to modify a hiniker or year-round cab to fit the machine, but I'm not entirely sure how I would even start with...
  8. Mudrig150

    Mudrig's new Ford 3000

    It's a 3600 grille, and I bought it knowing it wouldn't be a direct fit, I just prefer this grille style. It's silver because the mesh isn't painted, but I might just clear coat it and leave it silver because I think it looks neat. The reason it won't fit right now is because the whole grille...
  9. Mudrig150

    Mudrig's new Ford 3000

    Gonna need a lot of body work to get it in... grille shell is pretty bent up, and it'll also will need some custom brackets to mount it and the air cleaner. Tempted to leave it silver instead of painting the mesh black...
  10. Mudrig150

    Mudrig's new Ford 3000

    Front axle swapped in, radius arms are finally all bolted up. Had to sacrifice the light duty bolster to get it removed, but the pin hole cracked anyway when I started turning the pin out. Need to swap columns because this machine has had the steering wheel WELDED to the steering shaft. Threads...
  11. Mudrig150

    Mudrig's new Ford 3000

    Ordered everything to reseal the column (hopefully) and also ordered a new grille. Going to have to make some brackets to be able to mount the grille, but I also need to make a set for the air cleaner so it doesn't add any extra work, really.
  12. Mudrig150

    Mudrig's new Ford 3000

    Well, it runs! I know these machines don't have a clutch brake, but the clutch won't stop spinning unless the tractor is in gear. I was (and still am) hoping that the fall didn't screw up the clutch, but we'll have to see. Next steps will be fabricating air cleaner brackets and reinstalling the...
  13. Mudrig150

    3000 Pittman arm shaft leaks

    Both my 3000s have substantial leaks of power steering fluid out of the steering box. I was originally thinking it would be as simple as replacing the seals in the Pittman arm shafts but realized afterward that there shouldn't even be power steering fluid in the manual steering box in the first...
  14. Mudrig150

    Mudrig's new Ford 3000

    Engine's on... never want to do that again. My engine hoist got damaged so I had to use a bottle jack to hold the back of the pan up. Wasn't a fan of that sketchy setup and apparently those fears weren't unfounded: Somehow the jack caught on something and flipped forward, which caused the engine...
  15. Mudrig150

    Mudrig's new Ford 3000

    Diesel was pulled off today, and made a discovery: Yeah, uh... Those splines are GONE gone. Was noticing the SOS felt like it had a ton of backlash in the gears and that's where it is! I'm just glad I caught that before the splines all sheared off. Oh, and the transmission input shaft is...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top