Recent content by NoDakInMN

  1. N

    Soldering gland on fuel line

    I'd use real silver solder and Harris Stay Silv flux. Stay Clean flux is for solders with lower melting points and can burn at temperatures needed for true silver soldering.
  2. N

    AC troubleshooting issue

    Higher than normal suction pressure and lower than normal discharge pressure, with the belt properly tensioned and adequate rpms, is indicative that you have valve problems in the compressor and it needs to be replaced. If you have service valves on the compressor, front seat the suction...
  3. N

    M and w dyno

    Might be late on this, but to get an idea if the replacement heat exchanger coil is close to right, count the number of passes the tubing makes through the coil and compare it to the replacement, if it has close to the same number of passes and the coil is close to the same height, width and...
  4. N

    Took a picture of my tractors

    I have some of the tractors we used on the farm, not the exact ones but the same model and all 2 cylinder JDs. But when I grew up, we went from two cylinder JDs to huge 4 wheel drives with some in between. Of those, I would love to have a D21 Allis Chalmers and an 800 Versatile, but that's...
  5. N

    1950 JD A - convert from magneto to distributor?

    As a practical matter, needing to recharge the magnets isn't that common of a problem. That's sort of like changing the oil and wondering if you need new main bearings. So I'd stick with the mag. On the off chance you do need to recharge, you can make one pretty easily, just check out You...
  6. N

    Oxy/Acetylene options

    While there are more options for cutting steel these days, they are pretty useless if you need to heat up a rusty bolt or some other heat required work. I inherited a full size O/A torch setup years ago but never got around to leasing tanks. But I've always had the small portable O/A kit and...
  7. N

    Cub with Cab

    Looks like a good machine to run on flat ground.
  8. N

    These are so AI

    If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Now there are some things that are time savers, but if the professionals aren't using it, there is a good reason why they are not.
  9. N

    old tractors need help fixing

    Time is a precious commodity, we are all born with a limited amount of it and we rarely know just how much that is. I struggle to keep my collection running with all the demands on my limited free time, when I retire perhaps things will get better. I do occasionally enjoy helping a friend...
  10. N

    DirectTV Gemeni Device

    A couple of years ago, I dropped Direct TV after 20+ years because I could stream You Tube TV and a couple other subscriptions for about half the cost. Then in March I got a letter from a collection service saying I owed Direct TV $328. I had contacted them by phone when I dropped them, paid...
  11. N

    How things have changed

    The thing about being the "best" is that it depends on the application. I have two loader tractors that I use frequently and at no point has there ever been a situation where I have said, "Boy, I wish I had MFWD.". Would it be nice? I suppose it could be, but I can honestly say that there is...
  12. N

    How far would you drive a tractor home vs a trailer?

    10 miles is 10 rounds on an average 1/2 mile field. If your concerned about tires or the tractor making it that far, I don’t think I’d be buying it. As for driving verses trailering, a ten mile drive should take around 45 minutes at 15 MPH. It’s going to take you at least 10 to 15 minutes...
  13. N

    Steel good for smithing?

    That would be your best bet. Personally, those of us who do more ornamental work prefer mild steel but will use coil springs to make tooling such as punches or chisels as the round stock works better for that than flat stock.
  14. N

    Wrong color

    Couple of things don't ring true here. 1st is the other cattle and the guy in the blue shirt and sombrero are completely indifferent to what is supposedly happening just behind them. 2nd is that the tractor is silent after the first blow, usually it takes more than that to kill an engine, plus...
  15. N

    no start JD B

    One of the things that make it hard to diagnose a starting issue is not knowing everything that is happening or the person's level of knowledge. So let's start with a couple basics because if you overlook those and skip ahead to more advanced issues you can waste a lot of time on what could be...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top