Recent content by noso8n

  1. N

    8n Jubilee and rototiller

    Thanks for the comments. From what I'm seeing, the tiller itself is way, way slower than the PTO. Would it be possible for someone to have put the gearbox together backwards? Thus slowing the tines down instead of speeding them up? I've never taken apart a gearbox but would it be a crazy idea...
  2. N

    8n Jubilee and rototiller

    I got a rototiller today and hooked it up and the tines are spinning crazy slow in relation to the PTO. I guess there is gearing in there that seems to slow down the tines, whereas I'd expect them to be way, way faster. I'd estimate that it takes 5-6 seconds for the tines to rotate fully. The...
  3. N

    8n distributor cap / no spark

    Thanks very much for all the help. I'll try to tackle this more on the long weekend we have up in Canada. Sorry if that stabs like a knife for you Americans, but don't forget, we're a frozen wasteland half of the year ;)
  4. N

    8n distributor cap / no spark

    The battery is brand new, and fully charged. But, yes, i understand what you are saying about the weak battery doing that repeated clicking sound. I don't think that's the case here.
  5. N

    8n distributor cap / no spark

    I'm not getting spark, and I ran a wire direct from the battery to the coil. I'm now getting the solenoid clicking as the motor attempts to start, but still not spark. I'm measuring 6V on the coiled wire on the bottom of the coil, and I think it was 3.x V on the flap type connection on the...
  6. N

    1948? 8N not starting - basic parts ID please (have links)

    Thanks a lot to everyone for your responses. I've updated the OP with the new information, and hopefully it helps others down the road.
  7. N

    1948? 8N not starting - basic parts ID please (have links)

    The distributor is at the front, on the left side, underneath the generator.
  8. N

    1948? 8N not starting - basic parts ID please (have links)

    Hi. Note: I'm updating this list as answers come in, and as I find out from the manual / other reading. I have what was told to me was a '52, but I think from the stamping, it is a '48?. There is no ignition key for this model, and it doesnt seem that there ever was one. First off...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top