Recent content by Oakridgewelding

  1. O

    Deer hunting advice.

    Exactly!! Why I told her I wanted to walk it soon to learn the line fence. Pretty much know it as I helped build some of it years ago.
  2. O

    Deer hunting advice.

    I don't know what leases are priced at. She wants to trade some help on the farm for hunting rights. Gonna give it a whirl this fall and see.
  3. O

    Deer hunting advice.

    That's what I did after talking to her. A little clarity on things helped.
  4. O

    Deer hunting advice.

    It's like they want to protect themselves from every little imaginary thing. But their from Ca so.... I only hunt the 2 weeks of rifle anyways. She wants signed papers when ewe meet but we ain't even dicussed anything yet. Days allowed, the help in return for hunting etc.
  5. O

    Deer hunting advice.

    Yeah I figure that. Just don't know the options out there because I've always done a handshake.
  6. O

    Deer hunting advice.

    I have been hunting a place for the last two years on just a phone call to the deer manager on the farm I hunt. Pretty good spot. Got 4 deer there last year.. The owner took over managing the hunting and is now wanting me to sign a 4 page letter outlining when, where and etc. And that I wont...
  7. O

    Have a Safe harvest guys

    I Had Heard that the tractors were headed toward each other and the one swerved to miss and flipped his cart onto the other unit. Not sure on the speed of the ones involved, but around here they fly way to fast on these secondary roads. Big tri-axle carts that are over 109 inches wide. Unsafe as...
  8. O

    445 Info?

    Ampli-torq parts are available. Just did a jet star 3 . Lots of parts yards mid west. Welters farm supply in MO is the absolute best contact to have in your pocket!! Lois found a NOS top transmission shaft n for my G1000 VISTA!! She knows what's out there.
  9. O

    Clutch not releasing

    Not familar with the Olivers but probably so. On this MM I used a straight edge ruler or level over the clutch fingers then measured down to the flywheel. I did have a set of books to go by. I had to adjust the bolts on the clutch fingers a good 1/4 inch. Each clutch finger should have a bolt...
  10. O

    Clutch not releasing

    I had to mill the edge of the pressure plate down to fit in the flywheel step on this MM also. Was way out of round.
  11. O

    Trailer wiring

    We use those on the electric/over hyd snow plow set ups at work. Lots of dump trucks use that to protect the tarp motor. That would work great.
  12. O

    Clutch not releasing

    Are you adjusting the clutch just by the adjustment rod? I just did a clutch job on a MM and had the same problem. What I found out was, the new friction plate was thicker then what was originally spec'd. I had to adjust the clutch fingers before I could get it to work. Once I did that...
  13. O

    Trailer wiring

    Rule we always had to follow when borrowing something. You break it, you fix it. Teaches them good life skills and they'll know how to repair something.
  14. O

    Welding on a horse drawn potato digger

    Touch it with a grinder and watch the sparks. Dull yellow is cast. Mild steel is different yellow. Take a piece of mild steel and watch the difference. My guess is it's cast if the machine is from horse drawn days. If it's cast, braze it.
  15. O

    Virginia State of Emergency impact on farms

    I'm just half hour north of you in Dayton. Really good corn crop here. First cutting was bleak, second was good. We have been blessed with rains at just the right times. Feel bad we've had rain and others haven't.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top