Recent content by ole fred

  1. O

    Is it me?

    Agreed. I used to say that once the bead is broken on a 11Rx24.5, I could have it off the rim in less than a minute. One time I timed myself. Wrong. It took a minute and 15 seconds. Of course, I have my home made tire tools. A piece of leaf spring welded to a 5 foot long inch pipe and a...
  2. O

    Ignition coil with or without external resistor?

    Lotta questions here. I'll just describe what I have. I have had this 641 for 15 years. I have no livestock or do any farming with it. I've only put a few hundred hours on it in that 15 years. It was always 6 volt as it came from the factory. It always started fine - even in the winter...
  3. O

    Ignition coil with or without external resistor?

    In my 65 years of owning and driving spark ignition vehicles, I never replaced a coil. I was a mechanic at a Ford Tractor dealership for 4 years and never saw any replaced there either. Many of them had the bypass circuit that apparently just worked as designed. Opps, I forgot one - a Model...
  4. O

    Ford tools

    Henry loved 7/16" bolts
  5. O

    Ignition coil with or without external resistor?

    There was only one member here that had a problem with the 6 volt coil and a resistor. Several others said there was no problem. I can say for sure that the resistor offered from the folks at this site isn't enough. I burned a set of points in less than an hour with one of them. I have 10...
  6. O

    Lower seal in a Kawasaki 21

    I don't know who made the parts I was looking at. I just googled it and made a note of what I saw. It's been over a year ago, so I don't remember the specifics. I guess I'd just better plan on taking the engine out and doing a ring and valve and seal job. It's been a good mower. It's coming...
  7. O

    Lower seal in a Kawasaki 21

    I'm not disagreeing with you, but I feel like they would usually sell an overhaul kit that would include bearings also - and often pistons. This is the only time I have ever seen multiple listings of just a re-ring kit with all the stuff you would need for that job. No biggie. If I have to...
  8. O

    Lower seal in a Kawasaki 21

    Can a guy change the lower seal in a Ferris IS1500Z without pulling the engine? I can put the mower in about an position necessary. Mine is leaking bad. OTOH, is it much trouble to pull the engine. I originally thought it needed a ring job, but the last time I parked it, I put a bucket lid...
  9. O

    How many remember the date you joined the service

    To bring this back to the top: How many of you remember your service number? Obviously, this would be before about 1968 or so as after about that time they started using social security numbers. They would be US, RA, ER or NG for the army at least.
  10. O

    641 6 volt coil question

    As for it working, I can't say for how long. All I've done is start it to see if the circuits were correct. It would start and run fine on a full 12 volts though. How long? I doubt very long without burning the points. Right now, it is sitting in the barn with the hood off and I'm waiting...
  11. O

    641 6 volt coil question

    I can't say, but I can say is that the one I got looks exactly like the one in your picture. YT Label reads: Coil Resistor, New, Ford, 8NE103 It also says it is made in India. Oh yeah, YT also says ASAP#105710 & PC#:RB1001 Mfg Dt : December 25
  12. O

    641 6 volt coil question

    If I understand it correctly, all I have to do is reverse the low tension wires. I've already done that and it starts and runs fine
  13. O

    641 6 volt coil question

    Gotta love those 455's. I have one out of a 69 98LS. We bought it from a friend with about 60k on it and drove it to a little over a hundred thousand miles and the timing chain jumped and I said, heck, it's got a hundred thousand, it's ready for an overhaul. I pulled it out looked at the...
  14. O

    641 6 volt coil question

    How many ohms is it? I'm not trying to start an argument, I want to know. YT says .8 ohms. That doesn't seem like enough.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top