Recent content by OliverDeere

  1. OliverDeere

    Oliver fuel issues

    That combine had the same problem that I have. guess it is clogged somewhere.
  2. OliverDeere

    Oliver fuel issues

    huh. Weird stuff can be in fuel systems sometimes.
  3. OliverDeere

    Oliver fuel issues

    I guess I will check that and the sediment bowl as well. It started this behavior after I refueled it so some sediment must’ve gotten stirred up.
  4. OliverDeere

    Oliver fuel issues

    Yeah I’ll have to crack it open and find out.
  5. OliverDeere

    Oliver fuel issues

    After fixing up an Oliver 88, it has suddenly started acting very strange. It starts, runs, and drives for a little bit before violently surging or stalling. Then to start it back up again, you have to put the choke on. The carb on it hasn’t been touched in 20+ years and ran fine just the other...
  6. OliverDeere

    Oliver 88 row-crop ignition issues

    Ok! Tried using a spackle/putty spreader. That did kind of work but it wasn’t too effective.
  7. OliverDeere

    Oliver 88 row-crop ignition issues

    Got an unwanted exhaust pipe paint job… Forgot to remove the tape that was on it. Stuff has the consistency of paving tar! Anyone know how to remove it?
  8. OliverDeere

    Vintage tractor photos!

    Here are a few picture that I found while looking through some old stuff. This is a Case tractor. I don’t have the model but someone may know. This seems to be pulling a plow. In this photo, there is a moline GTB in the back, a Gehl hay wagon in the middle, and an Oliver pulling it. This is...
  9. OliverDeere

    Oliver 88 row-crop ignition issues

    after 8 years of collecting dust with an empty tank… The good ole 88 fired right up!
  10. OliverDeere

    Oliver 88 row-crop ignition issues

    I will add that to the to-do list as well!
  11. OliverDeere

    Oliver 88 row-crop ignition issues

    What terminal of the coil do I hook the jumper wire up to? One has a yellow (to alternator) and black wire and the other has just a black wire.
  12. OliverDeere

    Oliver 88 row-crop ignition issues

    Would cleaning the wires with emery cloth or something similar help remove the corrosion? I understand the corrosion may be not just on the outside of the wire.
  13. OliverDeere

    Oliver 88 row-crop ignition issues

    Ok. Thanks for all the help! I will clean things up and test them now that I know what is going on. How do I test the common wire that feeds into the switch? That one is in worse shape than the other wires.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top