Recent content by Orrin

  1. O

    Farmall 460 hydraulic pump

    D. Slater, thanks for your reply. I think the splines are OK as I put a pry bar on the drive gear for the pump and I could roll the motor. Orrin
  2. O

    Farmall 460 hydraulic pump

    Thanks, I will check with my IH dealer. I don't have any books on this tractor. I will check the filter capacity.
  3. O

    Farmall 460 hydraulic pump

    I am in the process of of installing a new hydraulic pump in our Farmall 460. I pulled the old pump after the hydraulics quit suddenly. The tractor was idling for a few minutes unattended. I came back and no power steering or hydraulics to the end loader or the fast hitch. The hydraulics...
  4. O

    Farmall 460 Row Crop Hydraulics question

    d282, you called it right. The hydraulics are fixed. One of the valve controls you mentioned was out of adjustment. A little twist and all was right. thank you for your help and have a Happy New Year. Orrin
  5. O

    Farmall 460 Row Crop Hydraulics question

    I am hoping some of you can help me. Of the 3 hydraulic levers on the right side of the dash, the center one only seams to have pressure in one direction. There is a loader mounted on the tractor and I can curl the bucket (pull the lever toward the rear) but have no pressure when I push the...
  6. O

    Power shaft for 205 Gyromower

    Never got the shaft apart. It is twisted and the guard is not in the best of shape. So, I am going to look for a new or used power input shaft and guard. I intend to start with the usual suspects, Farm & Fleet, and Tractor Supply. If any of you on the board have some suggestions I...
  7. O

    I need a power shaft for a John Deere 205 Gyramor

    I just purchased a pull type 205 Gyramor to cut weeds and light brush with. The 2 halves of the shaft are stuck together and no amount of pounding or brute force that I can muster has been able to separate them. I think it might be slightly twisted or bent. The guard that is on it is slightly...
  8. O

    Power shaft for 205 Gyromower

    I just purchased a 205 Gyromower to cut weeds and light brush with. The 2 halves of the shaft are stuck together and no amount of pounding or brute force that I can muster has been able to separate them. I think it might be slightly twisted or bent. The guard that is on it is slightly...
  9. O

    Advice on changing fluid in the PTO Farmall 460

    I am going to change the oil in the PTO in my Farmall 460. It is a 1958-9. I did a search looking for helpful hints, but did not find much. So far all of you experts have been very helpfull. I hope I can pay it back. On the left side I found two plugs with square recessed sockets in them...
  10. O

    Magnet in transmission case

    Thanks, I did not think about JB Weld, duh! I know some metal chunks have to be in there because of the bull pinions I replaced.
  11. O

    Magnet in transmission case

    I am working on a 1958 460 Farmall. I have all of the old Hytran drained (at least as musch as I can get out). Before is refill it I was thinking of putting a cow magnet in large plug between the bull gears. Has anyone else done this? I don't know how close thing are in there and am being...
  12. O

    Just aquired Farmall 460 and have questions

    An update on my 460. Starting to put the brakes back together. I installed good used pinion bull gears, bearing were OK. This tractor will never see heavy draft work. The incredibly expensive brake actuator spring are a challenge to install. Got one actuator assembled and am having a...
  13. O

    McCormick Deering WA40

    That looks terrific! Thanks for saving it.
  14. O

    H TDC/Timing Success

    Glad you got it running!
  15. O

    Flushing out system on 1958-9 Farmall 460

    I have done some research and have come up with a plan to flush all of the contaminated hydraulic oil out of the system on out 460. I know this has been beat to death, but I am new here and want your opinions. Completely drain as best I can, empty loader cylinders of oil by cycling by hand...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top