Recent content by ozawkiegold

  1. O

    Looking for another idea.

    A couple of more things to look at when I get it back together. Thanks!
  2. O

    Looking for another idea.

    Will be looking into that also after doing a full clean of the cooling section.
  3. O

    Looking for another idea.

    The fan belt is not loose pulley turned smoothly when I checked it when I was changing the water pump and looked fine.
  4. O

    Looking for another idea.

    It will take me awhile to get to this. I'm going to do a power flush of the cooling system to see if I can blow anything out of it. I will try what you suggest after I get everything back together. Since it ran fine before without smoking and overheating, I'm thinking the cooling system must be...
  5. O

    Looking for another idea.

    Thanks that gives me a starting point.
  6. O

    Looking for another idea.

    Not showing any signs of that but at this point who knows.
  7. O

    Looking for another idea.

    Should have went back to my old post! You say that like I know what I'm doing, LOL. Just an old, retired guy that doesn't post anything until now. The coolant isn't boiling and the former owner did paint the tractor. If the engine isn't that hot why does the left side of the engine smoke when...
  8. O

    Looking for another idea.

    The pulley on the pump is the one that came with it, not sure what the correct size is. The belt is tight but I'm going to install a new belt.
  9. O

    Looking for another idea.

    The fan didn't seem to have ever been taken off but from the bolt rust it was not hard to tell it was going back on the correct way and the picture I took before taking things apart looks the same.
  10. O

    Looking for another idea.

    I will check temps when I get things back together, just looking for things to check while I have the cooling manifold off. Don't know if that's the correct term for it but waiting for a new gasket for it.
  11. O

    Looking for another idea.

    Coolant is new at a 50/50 ratio, fluid is clean and an inch down when checked cold. The fan was off when changing water pump and when tractor is running it feels like a large amount of air is being pulled through the radiator. I have made no carburetor adjustments because when it does run it...
  12. O

    Looking for another idea.

    I can check these temperatures but until I know what they should be. What kind of readings should I be seeing?
  13. O

    Looking for another idea.

    It did come with a shroud and was replaced when I changed the water pump. I'm not near it right now but I'm thinking it has four maybe five blades. It seems to have pretty good air flow.
  14. O

    Looking for another idea.

    It did run pretty good when I got it. Graded my half mile drive a few times and cut a six-acre pasture. The engine did not smoke and ran smooth. Got into it this past winter doing maintenance that was long past due. Changed all the oils, all filters, points plugs, condenser, greased all the...
  15. O

    Looking for another idea.

    I have the manifold off that the antifreeze runs through and tried scoping it and flushing it with water. Did not see any blockage but I will look again. Waiting on gasket to put it back together.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top