Recent content by Patcar6972

  1. P

    Connecting rod orientation

    Thank you so much! That is the way they were taken out. Just needed verification as it was contrary to what was in my mind
  2. P

    Connecting rod orientation

    I’m about to put my ford 256 diesel engine back together but I’m wondering what the connecting rod orientation is. I thought the stamped numbers on the rods should face the cam side of the engine but the direction was away from the cam side when removed. The oil hole for the small end bushing is...
  3. P

    Ford diesel piston ring gap alignment

    Any recommendations on ring gap clocking for a 256 diesel?
  4. P

    BSD 444 piston height

    Thank you! I guess I have a 256 then. Or maybe a pieced together Frankenstein. I do know the machine it s in, which is a 1989 Sanderson teleporter, was designated with a 268 and I believe when I provided the block # I told them that which would explain a lot as to no further inquiry about the...
  5. P

    BSD 444 piston height

    Ok, the block # is E6NN6015CA. That s what I gave them to order the parts and they deciphered it was a 268. I didn t have it disassembled at the time so that s what I had to go off. I just checked one of the old pistons and the # is D2NN6110AJ and that is indeed a 256 piston from what I can...
  6. P

    BSD 444 piston height

    Yes. The center of the wrist pin to the piston head was that measurement different. That s when I called the and was told to install them and that they used the same ones while rebuilding. Now I do know that the turbo models had issues(at least I was told) and had to lower compression this way...
  7. P

    BSD 444 piston height

    I have a 1989 bsd444 that I did a top end rebuild on. The new pistons installed are almost 1/8" below deck height. So I called the place where I bought the parts and was told they would be fine and put it together. Obviously I was skeptical because of compression loss but did as advised. Right...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top