Recent content by Paul from MI

  1. P

    Literature--Mid 1950's Allis Chalmers 66 All-Crop Harvester Combine Brochure

    I used a 66 for a bout 20 years. Grear old combine. really thrashed clean and sold it for more than I paid for it. Slow going at 5 ft. cut.
  2. P

    John Deere Literature Archive

    Thank you very much. I know you have spent a lot of time doing it.
  3. P

    What were you doing on 9-11

    At work at Quality Spring, we always kept a radio on in case of tornados and learned about the first tower when I got in to the lab from the shop floor. Didn't really hit me at first, not much work done the rest of the day.
  4. P

    1946 BO rocker oil feed

    check your oiling tubed above the valves. should have holes to spray oil on the exhaust valves only. my 1944 B had extra oil holes over the intakes that some one in the last 80 years had added resulted in excessive oil burning and smoking.
  5. P

    John Deere H

    float stuck or needle leaking. shut off gas at tank when not using it, good habit to start.
  6. P

    I made it to retirement

    Been retired for 16 years, worked for the same company for 45 years in many different positions. this is the best job I ever had, I hope it lasts.
  7. P

    John Deere 25 Combine Value

    A pair of canvasses for my Allis 60 cost almost $1000, got to look around Amish country. They make them for binders. Paul
  8. P

    What a mess!!!

    Run over it with a cultipacker a couple of times,,,,, set mower as high as possible, run Very SLOW AND hope for the best.
  9. P

    Merry Christmas to ya'll

    Enjoyed every word!!
  10. P

    B steering arm to spindle lock bolt angle

    Not sure of the angle, but the same thing happened to me when I was cultivating corn with Dad's 1948 B many years ago when I was about 14. Long walk back to the barn and I thought it was the same as the bolt that held the starter. Only tool I had was a 12" crescent wrench. I started the tractor...
  11. P

    3. 5 lb Boston Pork Roast In Dick-El's Dirty Kitchen

    So good to hear from you again. I heated up some soup for supper, pork roast sounds bet
  12. P

    What tractors have you fixed up/bought/sold?

    One Allis B(my dad's tractor), one Farmall H( my grandfathers tractor), two JD B's, one JD A, one JD H, One JD D. All restored. Sold none, be like selling one of the kids.
  13. P

    percent of posters actually are farming

    Still farming on my 12 acres, soybeans and hay. Neighbor does most of the work but I can't not be involved in it. I had enough equipment to do it all. Most of it saved from a fencerow. Born to it I guess.
  14. P

    Finally got the stuff in the new shed

    Started off with a 24 x 32, kept adding on until now 32 x 44 and 28 x 64, still too small. What everyone says is true--never big enough. Nice looking.
  15. P

    Baler video for your Turkey Day enjoyment....

    I used a McCormick #45 baler for about 25 years. bought it well used, baled lots of hay, learned many new words. I paid $160 for it, got $165 at the junkyard.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top