Recent content by paul

  1. P

    Corn and stuff

    The combine was set up for corn from last year, so I took out a few end rows and opened a field to make it easier to get around to some bean fields. It was 23% moisture, higher than I’d want but pretty good for the first week of October here. Now to get the ambition to switch the combine over...
  2. P

    Land Rent

    As mentioned, be sure there was not some understanding between your dad and the renters for extra fertility, or property maintenance. Or the renter added tile on his dime and was being repaid with lower rent - a common thing in our area, we must not be too far from each other. You should get a...
  3. P

    How to remove wheel from Sunflower 9312 drill

    On a chisel plow I had a similar stub shaft that needed replacing. Had 2 fellas heating it while a 3rd beat on it, after trying other things first. That failed too. Had a Mobil blacksmith fella come out, he welded a cap on the back side with a large nut on it and large gr 8 bolt and pressed...
  4. P

    Steel building questions.

    That is a double edged sword with the inspectors office. If you put in some acceptable looking and properly sized cross bracing (which others with experience seem to think is a standard building practice) it probably will get approved and be proper? If you ask a lot of pointed questions about...
  5. P

    Steel building questions.

    While this shows the wall x bracing, I see several vids after watching it that may be more helpful. I’ll let you chase after the most promising for your situation.
  6. P

    September rainfall, such as it was.

    It’s odd here, we are almost in a drought as the subsoil is fairly dry, but my back yard has gotten dribble sprinkles every 3-4 days so the crops did great, at least they look great, see if it dries off enough to actually harvest. Rivers are low, top soil is saturated. Paul
  7. P

    Tillage tractor recommendations

    The difficulty is he asked for a tillage tractor which needs to be beefy, strong, hold up to long hours at high power. Then he threw in the transplanter, which has entirely different needs. So now he needs two tractors, or a compromise to make one more rare tractor do both jobs half as good. Paul
  8. P

    Disk Blades

    Wrong time of the year or what for no sale on the complete disk? Surprised you didn’t get it sold. If I’m going to go through the work of putting new blades on my disk I’m going to go new full size. Might be different where you are. Id only be interested in buying one or 3 to replace broken...
  9. P

    All tractors working at the same time.

    My 1720 has a dead electrical, I think it’s the ground strap on the battery. I hope that’s all. The 5200 doesn’t charge, I’m not exactly sure which component is bad - battery is good, I’ve had conflicting results on testing the generator regulator etc need to dig deeper. Just got the 7700...
  10. P

    nebraska irigated corn fields

    It’s interesting how things are done differently in different regions. Irrigation - I see that 30 miles away on small scale, but locally we spend our money on tile to get excess water away, almost always too wet here. Except about 2 weeks every late summer just dry enough to burn up the small...
  11. P

    Ford 5000

    My 5200 needs at least a half full fuel tank to gravity feed through the filters, and then open, well loosen, a line close to the injector pump to bleed fuel through the filters and near to the injector. Paul
  12. P

    Rotary rake width for small square baler

    If you are running in 3rd gear and don’t mind running in 1st if it gets heavy, should work out. Would probably put you in 2nd gear most of the time. If you are already running in 1st gear some of the time, then I would be afraid to add that much more windrow. Also I often am raking 2 or 3...
  13. P

    Tough weed

    I like Samm’s comments. As a crop guy, I will add slightly to his grass comments….. If you are using a Liberty tolerant crop, or using Liberty to burn down a weedy area, this herbicide works best the hotter and more humid it is. So this herbicide you would be happy to see them out using it...
  14. P

    Dust

    Such a big question. People living in homes upset other people are going to get homes. People with an ocean view upset other people want an ocean view. Kind of funny when you think about it. I don’t want to control everything, just everything I can see…… My state is divided into the rural...
  15. P

    Levanna Road news

    I use about 3 gallons an acre of fuel to grow a crop. Double from let’s say 3 bucks to 6 bucks a gallon, that costs me $9 more per acre. Corn and soybeans are roughly a dollar a bushel more than they were a year ago. If I get 150 bu corn and 50 bu beans, I could hope for $50-$150 an acre...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top