Recent content by Per Hansa

  1. P

    PTO shaft slides off

    Just to be clear, everything was properly lubed at the grease nipple locations. That's probably not enough though, as I learned. Especially if your brush hog sits outside and is susceptible to rust. Like "carvel minnie farmer" suggests, maybe having a can of spray lube on hand is a good idea...
  2. P

    PTO shaft slides off

    Guys, thanks again for all the suggestions. I had the opportunity to fiddle with it tonight--it was already lubed up, but used some WD-40 on the bearings inside the PTO sleeve, used some steel wool to scrape the surface rust off, and slid a good bit of grease around the inside of the sleeve. I...
  3. P

    PTO shaft slides off

    Thanks for the replies everyone. I sure hope you're right. Admittedly, it's been a while since I gave the brush hog a good lube. I'll tend to it, and make sure I follow up on here to let future browsers know if that did the trick or not. Thanks again.
  4. P

    Powermaster glamour shots

    Very nice Showcrop. Have never seen a tricycle gear Powermaster. Sharp!
  5. P

    PTO shaft slides off

    Hi all, I was running a brush hog the other day and inadvertently ran over a small stump hidden in the grass. I immediately stopped, but after resuming again the PTO shaft slid off the tractor. I hooked it up again, ensuring everything appeared locked etc, but within a few minutes it worked...
  6. P

    Powermaster glamour shots

    Had some spring-like weather this weekend, so took the opportunity to clean up the tractors and snap a few pictures. Thought some of you might enjoy. Here's to spring and summer just around the corner! Tom
  7. P

    Ford Powermaster Fuel Shutoff Replacement?

    Thanks Showcrop, that's good to hear! "Riveroadrat" mentioned moving the line toward the front. Makes a lot of sense, as the current configuration gets the fuel pretty close to the exhaust. At this point though, I'm looking to just get it going again as soon as possible. And since this was...
  8. P

    Ford Powermaster Fuel Shutoff Replacement?

    I got it, finally! I wish I would have used your all's expertise earlier--it would have saved me a lot of time. I ended up not needing to loosen the tank in order to get more clearance. I'm sure there's several ways to skin this cat, but what worked best for me was to remove the muffler on the...
  9. P

    Ford Powermaster Fuel Shutoff Replacement?

    Showcrop, Andy, and riveroadrat....thanks for the replies! I'm going to take your advice and remove the fuel line first (a little worried about being able to get to it while still being attached to fuel tank--it's at an awkward spot on the back side of the valve), then loosen the tank to see if...
  10. P

    Ford Powermaster Fuel Shutoff Replacement?

    Looking through some of the archives, I see this is a popular topic, but I haven't been able to find exactly what I'm dealing with. Because of the fuel shutoff screw working it's way out (probably due to a bad rivet/pin) I am trying to replace the entire fuel shutoff valve. I assumed I'd be...
  11. P

    Fuel Shutoff Valve

    RickB, I agree! Removing the tank is a lot of work. In fact, I'm at a stand still right now with replacing my old shutoff valve with a new one. Thought I'd be able to slip the old one out, and shove the new one up into the tank--easy peasy, right? Not so fast....there's not enough clearance...
  12. P

    Fuel Shutoff Valve screw fell out!

    Sounds like a good tip. Thanks !
  13. P

    Fuel Shutoff Valve screw fell out!

    Thanks Andy, That explains why I couldn't find that single component for sale, why it probably fell out in the first place, and why it requires the entire shutoff assembly to be pulled off. Thanks for taking the time to educate me! I'll order one right now.
  14. P

    Fuel Shutoff Valve screw fell out!

    Last week I was backing my 861 Powermaster into the shed and noticed fuel was leaking everywhere. The shutoff screw/bolt/needle (whatchamacallit) had worked it's way out of the fuel shutoff valve, and nowhere to be found! I thought it'd be an easy fix, but after stopping by Tractor Supply, and...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top