Recent content by powellcrazy

  1. P

    Farmall H brake Drums

    Well, NAPA could not cross ref. # 48498D, even took in old seal I removed. They had to match by size (3.500 OD x 2.310 shaft/seal diameter) There part # 23244 I went to Case IH, they could cross ref old number, new seal # CAS 76510C91 thanks again for help
  2. P

    water in transmission oil

    only if the emulsion will allow separation. Some oils mix with water to not allow a pocket of water to corrode part or worse, not lubricate.
  3. P

    Farmall H brake Drums

    I am thinking that I will just replace seals for now, only drive tractor 2 time during the season, someday complete tear down of rear end for bearing and seal replacement will happen. Just not right now.
  4. P

    Farmall H brake Drums

    I have not got the Drums off yet, but I can get them to move up/down approx .05" Just wondering what you consider "significant movement" would actually be.
  5. P

    Farmall H brake Drums

    Thanks again for all the info everyone! I did a little searching on caseih.com part search. ran out of time. Not worried with all the info I have from you guys. NAPA is a block away and they have never let me down with finding stuff for this old tractor. Brakes will be here in 2 days...
  6. P

    Farmall H brake Drums

    Thanks, Where do you guys buy replacement seals, I can not find them on this site. If I can salvage one, I guess, NAPA? I dont want to rip the whole gear box appart. I like the idea of trying to dig them out first, if that doesnt work then, plan B. But it sounds like I need more info...
  7. P

    Farmall H brake Drums

    I have a 1940 H, just pulled covers off the brake drums. One band gone, other looks to have brake lining there, but both are covered in oil. These are to be dry, correct? I can not find any info on seals of any kind. I am getting ready to order new brake bands, but I dont want them to just...
  8. P

    New One-Tons, take your pick

    they all work. I currently have a F350. But if I were to buy today I would go GM. It all boils down to personal preference and what style you want.
  9. P

    Farmall H Carb.

    I bought an owners manual just after I got my H, it is helpful, but not as helpful as this forum! Even instructions that came with carb rebuild kit I found to be too vauge for me. But thanks to guys here, carb and tractor work very well.
  10. P

    model h # fbn107526

    I just got a H this spring, same thing, would run on starting fluid thats it. I bought a carb rebuild kit from this site, drained tank, new sediment bowl, new fuel line and in-line fuel filter. Starts and runs very well now.
  11. P

    high cost of tire replacement

    Got to pay to play!!!!! This dam H that was suppose to be a cheap boat launching vehicle, is costing me hundreds if not thousands (more than expected) and I have not gotten it to the lake yet!!!! Needs rear tires, but going to wait til next year :?
  12. P

    What kind of oil?

    If your like me, with a 70 year old tractor. For the crankcase, I go to walmart and buy the cheapest 30 w oil I can find. But I change it often!
  13. P

    h hand crank

    I too got mine to come loose with taps of a hammer and WD40. I don't have a handle, but I bet it would start if I tried with one.
  14. P

    New owner of a model H

    I got it together and she runs great! Thanks to whom helped me out! Now to tackle oil leaks :? :shock:
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top