Recent content by Ratrod

  1. R

    1939 John Deere H mag issues.

    Thanks. The hardest this tractor ever works is pulling a backhoe tire around my snowmobile trails or skidding some small trees out of the yard. It lives inside my heated garage and is a family heirloom lol. I will check the compression again and try to get it working a bit harder than normal for...
  2. R

    1939 John Deere H mag issues.

    The mag clicks and sounds normal but rarely starts it. If I tow it about 25’ it starts right up.
  3. R

    1939 John Deere H mag issues.

    I just rebuilt the top end and new valves and all new gaskets. The cooling system is solid. It doesn’t leak. Thank you for the suggestion and insight.
  4. R

    1939 John Deere H mag issues.

    Just completely rebuilt the top end. New pistons and rings. New valves cylinders were honed New gasket set. Carb was completely rebuilt. It seems to run ok when I get it started. But seems to have to be towed to started. Mag is original and was rebuilt about 15 years ago. Points are clean and...
  5. R

    1939 John Deere H mag issues.

    I have a 1939 John Deere H it starts very hard. Usually I can’t get it to start without towing it. I’ve heard some discussion versus the C versus the X mag and I’m wondering if I can put an X mag in it without any issues. Any information or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top