Recent content by RedPepperFarmDe

  1. R

    How do I prime an Allis-Chalmers 180 Hydraulic Pump?

    Hmmm.... There is a right side and a left side. I read that the right side is for hydraulics, but maybe I am wrong. Are the 2 sides connected also? That would explain a lot.
  2. R

    How do I prime an Allis-Chalmers 180 Hydraulic Pump?

    I replaced the rubber boot on the lower intake side of the hydraulic pump. I was thinking that the old rubber boot was my issue with poor pump performance. Now I can't get it to prime. I tried squirting compressed air into the tank while I started the tractor, but it's not picking up the...
  3. R

    Oil Type for Allis Chalmers 180 Hydraulic and Transmission

    Hi, Trying to figure out what type of oil to use for my 1968 Allis-Chalmers 180 in the transmission side and the hydraulic side. Some say to use UTF for both, others say the transmission side needs 80w90. Does anyone know the answer please? thanks, dan
  4. R

    Electrical Issues 68 Allis-Chalmers 180

    I found the issue. A bad wire to the ignition switch. It runs now. Thank you so much for your help!
  5. R

    Electrical Issues 68 Allis-Chalmers 180

    Hello, I have a 68 Allis-Chalmers 180. It's been running well for a year since I bought it for the 9 acres of farmland my wife and I inherited. One of the batteries developed a bad cell. I replaced both. I also replaced the starter thinking it might be going bad and drawing too much...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top