Recent content by Richlam4510

  1. R

    4600 Ford Cold start glow plug in intake

    I think I am going to do like ultradog said and reroute that wire to a rubber push button in the dash and push it when I think I need it. Thanks guys for all the feedback.
  2. R

    4600 Ford Cold start glow plug in intake

    The reason for my question I installed a new ignition switch which was posted for a diesel tractor and on that new switch has a connection for preheat which is before the start position. This connection remains hot after the tractor starts and doesn't go off until the engine is turned off. When...
  3. R

    4600 Ford Cold start glow plug in intake

    Does this glow plug remain hot while engine is running, or does the glow plug only get power on the start an then off while engine Is running
  4. R

    Clutch plate orientation

    Thanks Mark I did install it as you mentioned. But when I tightened it down with the alignment tool installed, it just looked like the two splines were right on top of each other in close quarters and it just didn't look right.
  5. R

    Clutch plate orientation

    When my son removed the old pressure plate clutch pack attention wasn't payed on the orientation of the old clutch plate. The new clutch plate does not say flywheel side nor pressure plate side. It does have a cone on one side which has the splines in it. Does this go toward the flywheel or the...
  6. R

    Clutch replacement for ford tractor

    Thanks Guys for all the info.
  7. R

    Clutch replacement for ford tractor

    In my mind I would think more surface contact would transmit more power. Do you think this is something Ford did or is this an aftermarket clutch plate
  8. R

    Clutch replacement for ford tractor

    I am replacing my clutch on my 75 model 4600 ford and the old clutch plate had three pads. What is the reason for the use of three pads verses a full clutch plate ?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top