Recent content by Rick Beament

  1. R

    Ferguson 135 diesel wont run

    Haha ... I've already got diesel all over the legs of my jeans !!!!!! Thanks everyone for their help .... hopefully fine weather at the weekend so I'm going to install a new fuel pump and go right through the system again ... wish me luck !
  2. R

    Ferguson 135 diesel wont run

    Thanks for this ... I did have a small leak in the banjo on the primary filter after I'd used the port as a place to fill the filter ..... is it possible, therefore, that this might be responsible foe air getting in to the system .... bearing in mind that, once running, there will be a small...
  3. R

    Ferguson 135 diesel wont run

    Hi. I'm using Perkins filters (bear in mind I'm in the UK) - these are a good brand. They have the slots around the outside rather than holes in the top and I've been very careful to fit the larger rubber seal at the top so as not to block the oil flow. I'm reasonably confident that the filters...
  4. R

    Ferguson 135 diesel wont run

    Hi folks. I've just replaced the two main filters on my diesel 135 (the original ones were badly clogged) because the tractor would run for about 5 minutes, then starvation set-in and the revs went up for a minute before dying. Re-priming gets it going again, but the same thing happens. I'm...
  5. R

    Fergy 135 diesel pipe threads

    OK, so I finally got the thread problem sorted by simply taking the adapter off and hand-filing the threads with a needle file to get rid of the cross-thread. Got it all back together, primed and started Yeah !!!! ...... No !!!! same old problem .... runs for 5 mins, another minute at higher...
  6. R

    Fergy 135 diesel pipe threads

    Thanks, I'll do that .... thanks also for your offer but I'm in Britain !!!
  7. R

    Fergy 135 diesel pipe threads

    Thanks to both on this ... used red MN - yes, I just need to move the whole injector pump slightly to the right in order to get a wrench onto the adapter, so I'd planned just loosening the two nuts that hold it onto the pump mounting flange so I could get a few mm of extra space - dont want to...
  8. R

    Fergy 135 diesel pipe threads

    Thank you for this ... do you mean UNF thread (not NF)? Yes, I was thinking of removing the adapter, but it's so close to the pump drive cover that I'd have to slacken-of the injector pump threads to move the injector body enough to one side to get a socket on it .... are there any risks in...
  9. R

    Fergy 135 diesel pipe threads

    Hi. I've managed to cross-thread the diesel return output of the injector pump into the long pipe back to the filters (idiot !!!) Only solution is to run a tap down the threads to get it sorted but I cant find anywhere what the threads are. Is it a 1/4" BSP or BSPF etc etc. I know the lift pump...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top