Recent content by Rick Remmert

  1. R

    Old ad for Harvester Plow Company, Pratt, KS

    Thanks for the picture. I find that very interesting. All the time we were in for parts and just driving by, I never saw one of these.
  2. R

    Old ad for Harvester Plow Company, Pratt, KS

    Back in the 60's there was a Shafer Disc company in Pratt, Ks. We had a 14' tandem disc and a 16' one way. The disc was all bright yellow and had two sets of tandem tires. The one way was yellow on the frame and the hitch and disc scrappers were bright orange. When you went to pull it down the...
  3. R

    501 Sickle bar mower pitman strap pops off

    Your picture does not show how it attaches to the pitman stick. I have an IH F-28. The ball end that you show in the picture looks exactly like the one I have on my mower. A few years ago I order a complete sickle from Webbs Sickle Service. The ball end of the new one was brand new. I went...
  4. R

    Super C Exhaust Pipe

    When I first got my tractor, it would not clear my garage door either. I simply cut the top pipe off so that it would clear. I left about an inch on the pipe so I could keep the flapper valve on. You just have to remember to go out the door at a very slow idle so the flapper is not sticking...
  5. R

    Super C Exhaust Pipe

    I have a 53 Super C. I just put a brand new Stanley on It last year. From the top of the hood to the bottom of the large diameter of the muffler it is 4 1/2". From the top of the hood to the top of the muffler, it is 24".
  6. R

    C135 sleeves

    Back in 01-2012, I ordered an overhaul kit for my 53 Super C. I called YDT and gave them the serial number off the seat tag and the numbers off the block. They sent me kit number 130578 and it went from a 3 1/8 bore to a 3 1/4 bore. They don't ship from YDT tractors warehouse. They are shipped...
  7. R

    C 28 mower

    Daniel, thanks for bring the bearing notice up. After I sent the post, I thought I should have brought that up. I ran mine for a couple of years when it showed up that the bearing was in really bad shape. Also, another point to watch is the rachet release on the back of the flywheel. Don't get...
  8. R

    C 28 mower

    The belt is rolling over because you have the wrong belt. I have one of these mowers. The belt I run is a C51 and it has a 15/16" top width. It should be almost flush with the outside diameter of the pulley. There are 2 different pully diameters. One high speed and one slow speed. Looking at the...
  9. R

    IH Sickle Mower ID and Adjustment

    There is a pretty good chance Binder Books will have the owner's manual and parts book on hand now that you know what model it is.
  10. R

    Budget tires (CEAT/Starmaxx)

    4 years ago, I bought a set of Titan farm tractor tires from Simpletire in Trevose, PA. 888-410-0604. They were the 11.20 x 36. They were $513.20 each. Shipping from there to central Kansas was $60.00. I had them shipped to the local FedX freight dock, and I picked them up there. The total bill...
  11. R

    Fast hitch for Super C

    10 years ago, I needed the right-side bar that raises and lowers the front of the hitch assembly. The salvage yard out in Missouri had the complete assembly for sale. He would not break the setup for the piece I needed. If I remember correctly, he wanted right around $1.800.00 for it. But it...
  12. R

    Super c remote add on

    This is what I rigged up to allow me to remove the cylinder to lose weight when tractor pulling. The black item on the left side of the picture is a top link that I rigged up to replace the cylinder and help hold the hitch bar in position. Just a warning, the oil reservoir does not hold a lot of...
  13. R

    This is what Arts-Way called a disk plow

    If you want to see some of these that are really heavy-duty, go to Rome Plow in Cedartown, GA. website as they build some real monsters.
  14. R

    Super A-1 and Farmall 100 fan hub

    I just bought one of these for my Super C about 3 or 4 months ago. I had the original hub on it with the oil hole on it. The replacement has sealed bearings in it that don't require lubrication. It was a bolt-on assembly. So for so good.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top