Recent content by rrlund

  1. rrlund

    Farm art.

    You mean like how local lynch mobs tell you that you can't lease for wind mills or solar panels?
  2. rrlund

    oliver 70 engine

    Those 70s used a Continental engine. The only ones to use it. Most of the other Olivers used an Oliver Waukesha. Whole different animal.
  3. rrlund

    Oliver fuel issues

    One of us kids (not me) dropped a pop sickle stick in the gas tank of Dad's 66 one time. I got heavy and sank and would drift over the hole now and then and cut off the gas. I had a 7300 combine that would run fine until you'd put it under any load. There was a kernel of corn stuck in the stem...
  4. rrlund

    Oliver S88

    Is there a question in there? Yes, those o rings on the sleeves can go bad. I bought a Super 55 cheap because they were leaking on that. I can't help you with the price of the tires.
  5. rrlund

    Farm art.

    I guess you just reach a point in life when you don't have something to prove and want some dignity, or whatever the proper word is here, but no, I try to keep everything in the barns and not out in the yard. I don't like even leaving anything sitting out over night if I can help it. Everybody...
  6. rrlund

    Rotary rake width for small square baler

    Ya, I haven't been rake shopping since 87, so I'm not up on the models and specs. I assumed, when he said it was 13 foot, the rake was made for a larger haybine or something. I don't click every link that everybody posts, don't read every post made on here or every reply to every post...
  7. rrlund

    How often do you buy a whole tractor just to get a part?

    I bought an Oliver 70 with a Chevy motor to get a 40 inch tire and the fenders. I only gave a couple of hundred dollars for that one though.
  8. rrlund

    Rotary rake width for small square baler

    If that's the working width, sure, go for it. I've got a GT300 that I bought new back in 1987. If the Deere is the width that works for him now and he's just starting to make hay, I'd guess he isn't cutting more than 9 foot, so he'd want a rotary that rakes 9 foot. I'm wondering if that 13 foot...
  9. rrlund

    Rotary rake width for small square baler

    Just because its for sale doesn't mean you have to buy it. There are narrower ones. If you aren't comfortable with it, keep on looking. You don't need it until next year anyway. Being that wide, it's not going to be fun to get down the road in traffic.
  10. rrlund

    Levanna Road news

    I've been through all of this before in the 70s and 80s. I don't have it in me anymore. I'll just bite the bullet, ride it out and try to make sure the source of the problem is taken care of.
  11. rrlund

    Cotter pin on bottom of 2010

    I had one of those get plugged on my White 2-135. Had a serious problem with the clutch slipping. I started wondering if there was one in the bottom of the bell housing. I stopped the tractor and looked underneath. Sure enough. I spun it and oil started running out in a stream. Within two rounds...
  12. rrlund

    Levanna Road news

    Do you heat your house with fuel oil? I do, Tell me how much better off I am this year.
  13. rrlund

    JD 300 Industrial Hydraulic Pump leaking

    The one in my 1020 cracked one time. No fixing that one. As has been said, find the leak before you take it off. No sense paying for a rebuild if the casting is cracked.
  14. rrlund

    Literature--Mid 1950's Allis Chalmers 66 All-Crop Harvester Combine Brochure

    I bought one and never used it. I bought a John Deere 30 at an auction later on and used that instead. I sold the Allis.
  15. rrlund

    Levanna Road news

    Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling doesn't it.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top