Recent content by SadFarmall

  1. S

    IH 656 crank, no start. Wits end.

    It might be worth checking injection timing before spending too much. SadFarmall
  2. S

    got water in my H GAS TANK

    Technical term for what alcohol does in petrol is that it is miscible with both petrol and water, so they all mix. Degree of mixing is dependent on proportions of each fluid. The alcohol doesn't get rid of water, it just creates a proportional mix, that is, distributes water relatively evenly...
  3. S

    drip

    If it stays wet and drips after several hours, then the most likely cause is float needle does not seal properly. My Farmall M is kerosene and I know if I shut the fuel off at the home field gate, it will get into the shed from there and run out of kero just after that. Then I don't have any...
  4. S

    424 Diesel doesn’t run right

    That sounds like ingress of air on the inlet side of the injection pump. I would check the fuel filter first - has it sealed correctly with no fragments of foreign matter against the seal and tightened sufficiently to seal, but so much the seal deforms and allows air in. SadFarmall
  5. S

    Source for front tire square head bolts needed

    Here is a photo of the page...
  6. S

    Source for front tire square head bolts needed

    I just checked my Farmall H Parts Catalog. Front wheel clamp was 48976DA. The bolt shown in the book is listed: Machine Bolt, 1/2 x 2-3/4 N.C. Hex. Nut, 1/2" N.C. I can't find an IH reference to a fine thread bolt on those wheels for Farmall H, M, AM, AW7 or AMD. SadFarmall
  7. S

    Source for front tire square head bolts needed

    blacksmith bolt.com has them in 13 TPI. Farmall H, M, AM and AW7 tractors used 1/2" BSW bolts at 12 TPI in Australia. Assuming the front wheel clamp assembly is the same, coarse thread works in place of fine. SadFarmall
  8. S

    fuel bowl on 40 B

    You can still buy power kerosene in Australia, but it isn't cheap now. Current price for a 44 gallon drum (I think that's 50 U.S. gallons?) is about $900. I've got one drum of it for my Farmall F12.
  9. S

    Farmall H Oil Pressure Gauge

    It took me a little searching, but they are available. The longest wait was shipping, from USA to Australia, as we use BSP, here, which has one thread more per inch than NPT. SadFarmall
  10. S

    Farmall H Oil Pressure Gauge

    I believe the gauge thread is 1/8 NPT. If you look for brass fittings with that thread, you should find something without difficulty. SadFarmall
  11. S

    Farmall M kerosene/gas

    Part number was 64968D for Farmall AM, which should be the same as for Farmall M. SadFarmall
  12. S

    Broken manifold bolt on a W30

    This type of stud extractor works well and results in fewer stud breakages than vice grips or pipe wrenches... SadFarmall
  13. S

    Broken manifold bolt on a W30

    I use freeze spray on the bolt or stud. Cools the bolt to -50⁰ without risking damage to the cylinder head and it should come out easily. I got all the manifold studs out of my F12 that way. SadFarmall
  14. S

    Help with Farmall H. (fixup stuff)

    I would purchase an owner's manual and parts catalogue - easy to find reprints or originals. Exploded diagrams really help. SadFarmall
  15. S

    F-12 fuel lines

    Yes, the triangular tank is factory. I had to make new pipes for mine. I have samples if any of yours are missing and you need dimensions. SadFarmall
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top