Recent content by SamV

  1. S

    Gettong a 1946 John Deere B going again

    Did you get it timed correctly? It could be 180 deg off.
  2. S

    Coating the insides

    Amazon...
  3. S

    Rhino finishing mower

    Rhino is still in business. I bet you could get them thru them: https://www.rhinoag.com/products/rotary-cutters/
  4. S

    JD 300 Industrial Hydraulic Pump leaking

    I cannot tell where on the pump it is leaking because it is still in the tractor. I will check that when I get it out.
  5. S

    JD 300 Industrial Hydraulic Pump leaking

    Group, My JD 300 Industrial started leaking a couple of days ago. Looks like the pump is leaking. It looks pretty easy to get out. Any advice before I start? Should I just buy a new pump or take it to the local hydraulic shop and get rebuilt? Sam
  6. S

    Bale Mover

    Looks great!
  7. S

    My Meandering Path of 1964 John Deere 4020 Ownership

    Keep up posted on your progress and we like photos......
  8. S

    John Deere Literature Archive

    Nice! Thank you for doing this.
  9. S

    Coating the insides

    I have also used Glyptal and it works great!
  10. S

    Steel Trailer Floors

    I was thinking the same thing
  11. S

    Now would be a good time for me to quit.

    I just turned 58 and can't wait to retire from my day job to farm full time. I work 45-50 hours a week doing accounting and then go home to my cows. Very small farm and just a few cattle but getting out and fixing fence, mowing hay and feeding cattle is just a joy for me. It was my in-laws...
  12. S

    John Deere 60 propane filter head and body removal while engine assembled

    I have done a filter head on a late "B" and I did it from the top. Had to massage a few wrenches to get all the oil lines off but it is doable. Should be very similar on the 60 except you should have a bit more room. Sam
  13. S

    A little surprise yesterday

    Yea Stupid expensive now.... When I was a teenager I used to paint cars for people and I could get enough supplies (Paint, Sandpaper, etc) to paint a whole car for less than $100.00 (About 40 years ago)
  14. S

    4020 24v questions (pt 2)

    My 4020 was already converted to 12V when I got it and it still has 2 batteries. Really easy to work on with that setup. I also have a new wiring harness so all is good. Sam
  15. S

    Model B Engine Questions

    I had mine re-poured with babbet years ago. I don't know if anybody still does that.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top