Recent content by Shep1

  1. S

    Could Use Some Wisdom From The Group

    No...but my mistake, I misread the model number...it is a "231"...which changes my position completely. After really giving it the eyeball Friday, I'm out of the running for this tractor. There was no oil on the dipstick, dirt clods up behind the front bumper and whoever borrowed it ran it...
  2. S

    Could Use Some Wisdom From The Group

    due to an untimely passing of my loved brother in law, I have a chance to buy his Massey 291. Of course, the battery is dead. It hasn't been moved in what looks like, 3 or 4 years. So, my question to the group is: A. How do I make an offer, not knowing if there are major issues with it? B...
  3. S

    Lamp Holders

    I have a Ford 3000 diesel that I believe may be 1965 or so,and I just replaced the instrument cluster and I'm sure the instrument lamp holders are original because the bulbs just don't want to stay in them. Does anyone have a source to either order oem type holders or any upgrade that I am not...
  4. S

    Fordson Dexta Has Diesel in the Oil Pan!!!!!!

    Nope..Been in Miss. all along..
  5. S

    Fordson Dexta Has Diesel in the Oil Pan!!!!!!

    The PO must have hit something hard to crush the end of this tube and how did he not see any problems? My combustion plate should be here today but in any case I feel we can close this thread as "SOLVED".... Thanks again to all! What a group! Shep
  6. S

    Fordson Dexta Has Diesel in the Oil Pan!!!!!!

    When I cleaned the engine, I only took the water and the thermostat housing off..everything else I de-greased and painted. So, I found the reason for so much blow-by. I had checked the valve cover breather last week by holding my hand under it and it was fairly forceful. So, while I had...
  7. S

    Fordson Dexta Has Diesel in the Oil Pan!!!!!!

    True..I could actually feel the "dimple" when I ran my finger across it...so, I found some really good metal seal kinda like JB Weld but can take 4500 PSI so I put some on the dimpled area and just like one would do when using Bondo..I just sanded it down until the dimple was gone..used my...
  8. S

    Fordson Dexta Has Diesel in the Oil Pan!!!!!!

    Thanks you 2 guys for chiming in...So, First I have never used ether on this baby and will never so lets put that to rest..I understood the PO did, but after I went through her she would crank without anything except a good battery! So, My worries about the ether although were well founded...it...
  9. S

    Fordson Dexta Has Diesel in the Oil Pan!!!!!!

    n Ok here is the latest. I left the drain plug out of the oil pan with a bucket under it to see if any dye colored oil would show . The next evening I found maybe a cup of dyed fuel with a soot color to it also. Crap! So, after some fine wine..I decided that I could have residual fuel in...
  10. S

    Fordson Dexta Has Diesel in the Oil Pan!!!!!!

    Thanks...new muffler with new exhaust pipes...the PO elected to put the exhaust out the top, but thanks goodness he didn't put a hole in the bonnet! So, I am putting it back as it was originally.. thanks again! Shep
  11. S

    Fordson Dexta Diesel Needs HELP!!

    I overlooked this reply and will certainly try this in the next couple of days.. I have seen numerous forums when somebody takes the time to reply and the doomkoph needing the info overlooks those replies.. It might take me a couple of reads but trust me, I do appreciate all of you guys...
  12. S

    Fordson Dexta Has Diesel in the Oil Pan!!!!!!

    I had the glow plug out on the test bench to make sure it functioned. Other than that, do I need to do anything else to it? Also, I am not familiar with the "silencer" you referenced, can you pls help me out with that? Thanks!
  13. S

    Fordson Dexta Has Diesel in the Oil Pan!!!!!!

    Yep the breather is clear..however, I can't say how clear. So, thanks to your input I will be sure to be certain it is breathing as it should...the PO didn't take very good care of this fine tractor..
  14. S

    Fordson Dexta Has Diesel in the Oil Pan!!!!!!

    Yes sir..I totally removed the air cleaner assembly, (when I got it home it was a mess)..put it in my blast cabinet, de-greaser bath and cleaned the mesh until I could eat off of it... The new thermostat I purchased looked just like any one I would buy for my '87 hunting truck but when I...
  15. S

    Fordson Dexta Has Diesel in the Oil Pan!!!!!!

    I think you nailed it..When I took the line loose there was such a drip that I had to raise the line up until the drip stopped. So, I feel this is going to be my problem. I replaced the fuel shutoff valve that contained a new pump when I rebuilt the fuel tank, but apparently the new pump is...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top