Recent content by showcrop

  1. showcrop

    "Air Cannon" equivalent for small tires.

    My experience has been that a strap works well on larger tires but not so much on smaller ones.
  2. showcrop

    "Air Cannon" equivalent for small tires.

    I put new wheels and tires on my big Ferris a few weeks ago. I took them to a friend's shop and got them blasted with the same tank they use on 22.5 truck tires.
  3. showcrop

    Deer hunting advice.

    Yes! Don't blame the messenger! When you give your insurance company the check, you can't stop them from taking your best friend to court to avoid having to pay a claim.
  4. showcrop

    Hydraulic cylinder scratches and pits

    I repaired pits in a power steering rod with JB weld around 15 years ago. Still no leaks. I cleaned it good, applied the jB, when dry I sanded it down with 600 then 1200. When a rod is bad hydraulic shops cut a correct length of new rod from "bulk" stock rod and weld correct ends on.
  5. showcrop

    Adding Model 50 thrower to New holland 68 baler

    Understand that you will need a couple of wagons with sides to go with it.
  6. showcrop

    nebraska irigated corn fields

    When driving on a back road in Lancaster PA area one time, I couldn't help but notice that the corn was planted within three feet of the pavement. Then rounding a curve and up a hill suddenly the snouts of a combine came out of the corn and within two feet of the pavement before stopping.
  7. showcrop

    Loaded rear tire mystery?

    Whatever damage you may be getting to the rim is oxidation. Oxidation uses up oxygen. If you aren't adding any air, no oxidation is happening.
  8. showcrop

    Rotary rake width for small square baler

    I frequently change my raking width as I circle a field. Rake big in the dry parts and small in the wet parts. It helps a lot in getting more consistent weight bales.
  9. showcrop

    Levanna Road news

    Here in NH there is a website that I have looked at now and then that gives the prices over the previous year for energy sources. I recall that propane was nearly always most expensive late winter and cheapest in the fall.
  10. showcrop

    Levanna Road news

    How long have you had the geothermal? That is something that I have thought about now and then for a long time, but at my age the investment could never pay off. From what I have been seeing the new inverter technology makes anything with a compressor much more cost effective.
  11. showcrop

    Farm art.

    That could describe my '46 70 with fresh motor and full sheet metal.
  12. showcrop

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    The reason is state liability.
  13. showcrop

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    Your operation is similar to how mine worked. For it to work that way, you need the reliable customer base, and to have that you have to make good hay.
  14. showcrop

    Tough weed

    If you read through you will see the discussion about that.
  15. showcrop

    Tough weed

    I read and followed the label instructions. I am seeking advice on going stronger than label.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top