Recent content by Sigma.40

  1. S

    Case 444 Coil Wire melted

    I will do that. And if it s not?
  2. S

    Case 444 Coil Wire melted

    I have a 79 Case 444. During the summer, I went to start it and the wire that goes from the ignition switch to the coil went up in smoke and melted. I got busy and put it in the back of the garage and just used my 8N and riding lawn mower until now when I need the 444 for snow removal. I m...
  3. S

    Does anyone know the serial number of the final 8N?

    Just curious how close my 52 was to the end?
  4. S

    Looking for a front snow blade for my 52

    No but I will. Thanks!
  5. S

    Looking for a front snow blade for my 52

    I will look for that. Everything I have seen so far was putting a mount up front with an electric winch. Not really what I want to do.
  6. S

    Looking for a front snow blade for my 52

    I desperately want a front blade for my ‘52 8N. I check FB Marketplace and Craigslist every day. Are there any other search terms I can use other than "8N plow"? I know Dearborn made one. Does anyone know the model number? I’d even buy it in pieces (buy the frame, cables, pulleys and blade...
  7. S

    Labor to Refurbish my 1950 8n

    Who knows if that will ever be an option for me I m just going to not work and go homeless. Homeless with my tractor and 6 cars/trucks.
  8. S

    Won't Run Without Choke On

    My 52 did the exact same thing. Rebuilt the carb and all is good.
  9. S

    Confused about carb cleaning

    I have a smoke machine. You block off all ports and it fills the intake and engine with smoke. Where the smoke leaks out, is an oil or air/vacuum leak. I ll admit, I had to get creative to fill this one with smoke since there are not a lot of places to hook it up to on this engine. It s easier...
  10. S

    Confused about carb cleaning

    Well, I finished putting the carb together last night. Today I drained all the fuel out of the tank and replaced it with 5 gallons of fresh, reinstalled the carburetor, did an oil change and fired it up. She ran better than ever. I don t know if it was the choke plate being backwards, bad...
  11. S

    Confused about carb cleaning

    Well, I finished putting the carb together last night. Today I drained all the fuel out of the tank and replaced it with 5 gallons of fresh, reinstalled the carburetor, did an oil change and fired it up. She ran better than ever. I don t know if it was the choke plate being backwards, bad...
  12. S

    Confused about carb cleaning

    1 minute
  13. S

    Confused about carb cleaning

    A minute.
  14. S

    Confused about carb cleaning

    A minute.
  15. S

    Rebuilt my carb. New idle jet screwed in farther

    I didn’t. I had 2 small ones with 8-32 threads and one larger with 10-32 threads. The larger went in the idle spot. This post was edited by Sigma.40 on 12/17/2023 at 11:57 am.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top