Recent content by SkipperII

  1. SkipperII

    Ford 5000 Serial Number decode

    The company that I worked for, until 1972, based in Mount Vernon, Washington, imported many 5000 and a few 3000 series tractors from Great Britain. They were considerably less expensive than the US models. They were sold all over Washington, Oregon, and into Idaho, Utah, and Montana. If there...
  2. SkipperII

    Need to build a shop on the cheap

    Glad to see ya back George!!
  3. SkipperII

    Hydraulic cylinder scratch and rust spots.

    Certanium is a welding product line, and they do have a number of very effective specialty welding, and build up products.
  4. SkipperII

    nebraska irigated corn fields

    Was it possibly corn for green chop. These new choppers don't need headlands, or even to follow rows.
  5. SkipperII

    Modifying cabs to fit other tractors

    I have to agree. I'm a real fan of the thousand series Fords, but I don't know if you could add enough insulation to quiet one down with a cab. Headphones would be a much better option, with a soft cab.
  6. SkipperII

    Soldering gland on fuel line

    Silver solder with flux coat, should be available at a welding supply.
  7. SkipperII

    Parade/show tractor tire dressing

    We had an auto detailer as a volinteer Fire Fighter, he would use good old ethylene glycol antifreeze on our frire engine tires. They looked like new tires.
  8. SkipperII

    Feeder steers and diamond rings

    Bought Linda's rings in 1966(her mom wasn;t too pleased) on lay away plan. I think the paymant was $15 a month, no interest, When she put them on, we agreed, they were never replaced. If she wanted a bigger one, she could have it, but the originals never came off. After having the lower...
  9. SkipperII

    New threshing video....

    Seeing this makes me think of the use of the straw, here in the valley. When I was a kid, I pretty much had free range of the hill I was raised on, and the fields, and woods around it. There was a lot of grain grown here in the 20s-40s. They would set the threshing machines up, next to a...
  10. SkipperII

    Electric Power. Steering

    Could you use a large "pickle fork" tie rod end tool. Horror Freight sells a two piece set pretty cheap.
  11. SkipperII

    Anyone used one of these

    Back in the mid 70s, one of my fellow mechanics had two of them. He used them for removing fan bolts when changing water pumps. In later years I bought a long ratchet that had extremely short sockets, and an offset handle to do the same job. I still have it tucked away somewhere.
  12. SkipperII

    Update to "Guess what I was trying to do "..........Fire

    It breaks the surface tension of the water, and allows it to penetrate better.
  13. SkipperII

    Anybody Ever Heard Of A Vsee Box For Tv

    I use the Fire Stick, on two of our TVs, bought one at Fred Meyer, on at Good Guys, They were pretty. inexpensive, since you already have wifi, I picked up a new Smart TV for the better half to watch in the office while she irons, and it brings in a wide variety of programming.
  14. SkipperII

    Trailer wiring

    On our tow vehicles, for hauling work boats, we ran a positive cable from the battery, to the rear, connected to a battery jumper quick connect, and grounded it to the frame, close to the plug. We put the other end of the quick connect on the winch . All our vehicles had dual batteries, so we...
  15. SkipperII

    Smelting

    Out here in the Northwest, we have a little silver fish, called Smelt. I thought you were going smelt fishing.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top