Recent content by Sleufoot

  1. S

    It begins

    I knew right away what you were hinting at! I'd bring my 3 Deere down from WInger but its a bit of a drive. I hope to get down there otherwise to take it in since I've never been there before. Hopefully you have good weather! Tom in MN.
  2. S

    Freezite anti-freeze and coolant

    I have this full can of antifreeze that I’m guessing is maybe out of the 50’s. I tried to google the brand and find absolutely nothing about it. Does anyone know anything about it?? Thanks Tom in Mn
  3. S

    !940 John Deere H three-way gas/fuel valve

    I was just trying to answer his question on the size the fuel lines but if you what to just make new lines then go and get some 5/16 compression fittings and use them. Tom in Mn.
  4. S

    !940 John Deere H three-way gas/fuel valve

    When I changed the 3 way valve on my B to the newer style I had no issues with the fuel lines. They were 5/16 fittings at the connections. They are the same size on my G & D. Tom in Mn.
  5. S

    Lake Itasca Pioneer Farmers

    Andrew was in the process of putting the pistons back in the block and broke a compression spring and is waiting for a replacement. That’s his only Green unit as he’s pretty much turned into a Regular guy😂. Tom in Mn.
  6. S

    Seeking advice on John Deere 40

    Probably the fact that it does not have a live PTO. Tom in Mn.
  7. S

    John Deere Model D Fenders

    Not sure about Lefever but you should check with Detweilers. Tom in Mn.
  8. S

    1940 John Deere Model A front wheels wobble.

    Paul once you figure out what you need check with Biewer tractor salvage in Barnesville. Ask for Gary. Tom in Mn.
  9. S

    Carb rebuild recommendation

    Sandhill Carbs. in Winger,Mn. has rebuilt carbs for my G,D and B. You can google it. His number is 218-902-0179. I am not associated with the business. Tom in MN.
  10. S

    John DFeere H three way valve AB1545R

    It might be easier to just remove the valve and go right from the sediment bowl to the carb as some have said. That same 3 way valve was used on my 40B. I found replacements twice on eBay but had issues with the shafts breaking on them after awhile so I went to a tractor salvage yard an updated...
  11. S

    John Deere BR pricing

    I think that maybe the price estimate is a bit low because BR's have their own little niche. Probably $2000-3000 USD or more. Otherwise I would agree on the condition of the unit driving the price. Rear tires can be a little pricey if you can find them. Tom in Mn.
  12. S

    Anti-freeze

    Tony my operators manual for the JD G does not say what to use. Thanks to all of you for your replies. I have green in my other tractors but for some reason I dumped some orange in the G then realized I should have used green. Now I need to drain system and flush it. Thanks again! Tom in Mn.
  13. S

    Anti-freeze

    I was wondering what most of you that own old tractors use for anti-freeze coolant in your units? Tom in Mn.
  14. S

    Share your Tractor Shows and Events

    Bring a tractor or just come and enjoy the day!
  15. S

    Against my better judgment another followed me home

    Yes I knew Henry Bartz as he drove a school bus for many years. It was the B&B cafe which is no longer open. I believe that you asked me about this before. jd2cyl43's grandmother was from Mac and thats where our connection is from. Tom in Mn.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top