Recent content by spacechem

  1. S

    Pfft- You call those "Ear Worms"??

    What you have been doing is, I'm sure, well within the rules of this site, so who am I to say you should stop? If I wanted to take over, I would first have to think posting links to songs is a needed service, which I don't, but hey- back to my previous sentence. What I did hope to suggest is...
  2. S

    Pfft- You call those "Ear Worms"??

    Probably, but I'm not gonna risk clicking on it... ;>)
  3. S

    Pfft- You call those "Ear Worms"??

    To my thinking, an 'ear worm' is not just a random oldie. No sir, an ear worm is some dumb song that happens to have a catchy tune or lyrics that, once heard, goes 'round and 'round in your brain until it finally gets overwritten by something else. Here is what I mean...
  4. S

    Literature--Mid 1950's Allis Chalmers 66 All-Crop Harvester Combine Brochure

    'Scuse me fellas, but I have just one question: You brag up your auxiliary "motor"[sic] as being able to switch from one machine to another, and that's fine, but just precisely how would a guy go about using it on both his forage harvester and his blower? :unsure:
  5. S

    Old combine auction

    Pretty sure this is it.
  6. S

    International T340 Capabilities

    "Would a T340 get the job done?" Well, as the comedian said, "Every place is walking distance if you've got the time." :) IMHO, you need to ask yourself two questions: 1. What is the value to me for the trailer if I wind up junking the crawler? 2. How many hours of rental (of a more modern and...
  7. S

    Deere 2640 - Good, Bad and Ugly

    There's a reason they were/are called 'Utility Tractors'. They could be equipped many, many different ways. You'll need at least one remote valve & coupler for the batwing mower. Two would be better. Make sure you have all the parts for it. Surprised he has it but never installed. You might find...
  8. S

    Allis chalmers plow

    The advice 560Dennis gave is spot on but with one caveat: The shares you take off might not be the correct and proper AC shares. Could be aftermarket will-fit shares and, as you stated, don't really fit as they should. The moldboards, however, are much more likely to be the originals and have...
  9. S

    What model of mower do i have?

    Oddly enough, your tractor already has the attaching parts for a #5 mower. They are the two thick, round stubs sticking out either side of the drawbar. You could probably find a #5 somewhere nearby that is set up to attach to them- perhaps from the Truman administration.
  10. S

    What model of mower do i have?

    Well that's great, I guess. Eventually you'll have to assign some value to your time, but that's not my call. All I can respond to is what I see in the photos you posted and imagine a similar condition in the other tools you listed. Your mention of the New Idea mower reminded me of a similar-...
  11. S

    What model of mower do i have?

    Wow. No one- certainly no one on this site- will say you must have brand new equipment to go into the hay business. The trick is a balance between affordable and efficient. You are absolutely on the low end of both. I hope you find success, but man, you're gonna work for it.
  12. S

    What model of mower do i have?

    If the shoe fits...
  13. S

    What model of mower do i have?

    Your user name is apt, as you're going to need such skills to keep that relic going- it's at least 90 years old! Not a later model, a very early one- somewhere 1934-36ish. You mentioned you are starting a hay business, but one of your first purchases after you get a bit established should be a...
  14. S

    Old Shop Tricks

    Nothing against the information- most of us could write this- but I hope you realize this 'guy' is an AI creation?
  15. S

    #15 subsoiler rebuild, John Deere

    You might contact this guy.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top