Recent content by spade316

  1. S

    Oliver 1800 won't turn left

    Follow up for steering. Ended up sending the original steering unit to a guy in Ohio that rebuilt it. The rebuilt unit works. No leaks and steers both directions. The mechanic I was using said the salvage yard units were going to cost $500-600, was sent two and neither worked. Mechanic said...
  2. S

    Oliver 1800 won't turn left

    Here's an image of the unit that was installed recently. <image src="http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/mvphoto4056.jpg"/>
  3. S

    Oliver 1800 won't turn left

    I am trusting that the mechanic I am using will be able to fix it. The option of installing a different type of unit never came up but sounds like it would have been a better idea. For now I have to stick with what I have. The steering wheel will turn about 5 inches freely before the...
  4. S

    Oliver 1800 won't turn left

    Also wanted to add when the axle is jacked up and front wheels are lifted off the ground it will turn both ways. The mechanic is going to check with the salvage yard and see about the unit that was used. Can someone confirm that the wheels should turn both directions fairly easily with this...
  5. S

    Oliver 1800 won't turn left

    Looking for some suggestions as to why my 1800a won't turn left when not moving. Recently took to a mechanic that works on a lot of olivers and had the gemmer power steering unit replaced with a salvaged one. It will turn easily to the right but not to the left when not moving. The old unit...
  6. S

    farmall super c hesitates, can't open throttle

    Hope this helps someone else. Summary of problem. Tractor was running normal then started to run rough like it was running out of gas. Became difficult to start, flood itself, would run okay up to about a little over half throttle then engine would hesitate and surge, or quit running. Had...
  7. S

    farmall super c hesitates, can't open throttle

    Plugs are black and sooty. I changed plugs and helped a little. Runs good up to a little over half throttle then starts to rev up and down, getting worse the more the throttle is opened. The carb has been cleaned twice. Once by me then the guy I had working on it cleaned it at his shop.
  8. S

    farmall super c hesitates, can't open throttle

    Following up with my C. Spark plugs are black. They show a good spark. The distributor shaft has rotational play. Is there an allowance for the amount of play? I would estimate it will rotate about 20 degrees. It seems run well at idle, but sputters more as the throttle is opened. I have...
  9. S

    Oliver 1800 front weights

    I found 2 different starter weights 159240a and 105248A. They look like either will work but does anyone know if either is the correct one for an 1800a ?
  10. S

    Oliver 1800 front weights

    Correction. Eastern iowa or northwest Illinois
  11. S

    Oliver 1800 front weights

    Looking for front weights for my 1800 series A. Need to be located in northwest IL, western IA. Thanks
  12. S

    farmall super c hesitates, can't open throttle

    i'm still having no luck. I talk to the guy working on it.(He's retired mechanic from the local Case IH dealership). He said timing is right on, spark is fine, valves are fine, he cleaned the carb again. He said it seems it's not sucking the gas all the way up the intake and then the carb...
  13. S

    farmall super c hesitates, can't open throttle

    Looking for help on my super C. I have a mechanic that has been working on it and is still having problems getting it to run. It will start but runs rough and cannot open throttle without it killing it. I was hoping I could get some suggestions here. He cleaned out the carb, new gasket...
  14. S

    Identify weights

    Can anyone help?
  15. S

    Identify weights

    I found these weights at an auction and was wondering if anyone knows what they would go to. All the tag said was skid loader weights. they are about 100 lbs a piece. Thnaks
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top