Recent content by Stephen Newell

  1. S

    SPAM

    Your spam filler should send the spam to the junk email folder but once they have found you be prepared to get more of it. I've had to abandon my junk folder because of spamers. For months I blocked the email but that just encouraged them. Last time I looked I had nearly a thousand spam emails...
  2. S

    How would one vacuum out a diesel fuel tank?

    If it's a plastic tank I'm wondering where all the debris is coming from.
  3. S

    How would one vacuum out a diesel fuel tank?

    I don't believe static electricity is an issue with diesel.
  4. S

    How would one vacuum out a diesel fuel tank?

    If you have a sand blaster you could disconnect the hose from the hopper and use that to vacuum the tank out. Wouldn't be anything but compressed air.
  5. S

    Smelting

    You would still have to turn it on a lathe. I would think it would be easier to get a piece of round stock and turn a new aluminum to make a piston. You would be certain there is no air pockets in it.
  6. S

    How would one vacuum out a diesel fuel tank?

    Your problem is the tank is rusting. I would pour some acetone or lacquer thinner in the tank and wash the diesel out clean. May take several tries to wash it all out. Then you might be able to blow the loose rust out with compressed air. Then set the tank in the sun for a day or two until you...
  7. S

    Thoughts???

    Sounds more like inadequate power or a worn breaker.
  8. S

    Fuel cans that are easy to use

    I've been a painter most of my life and have a number of five gallon lacquer thinner cans I use for gas. I've had a couple rust through over the years but the rest of them are holding up fine.
  9. S

    are there any good woodworking forums

    If the tires are in good condition there shouldn't be anything to setting up a Craftsman saw.
  10. S

    are there any good woodworking forums

    I use woodworkingtalk.com If it's a new saw I don't think you will have any problems setting it up from the instruction manual.
  11. S

    NEED SEALENT FOR 5 GAL PLASTIC GAS TANK

    The hole would first need to be physically fixed. You could dry the tank out and then plastic weld a patch over the hole. Then when it's fixed line the inside of the tank with a fuel tank liner such as Red-Kote. The liner would last about 10 years and then would need to be stripped and...
  12. S

    Chard Coffee grounds in concrete

    Engineers are always screwing things up. It makes no sense to put anything in concrete that will decompose. The sand, gravel and portland doesn't
  13. S

    Best way to cut lead

    According to google salvage lead is going for about 50 cents a pound.
  14. S

    Best way to cut lead

    I think a sawzall with a coarse blade would be my first choice. Another option might be to sell it to a salvage yard as is and use the money to buy scuba weights. At least you wouldn't have to fabricate molds.
  15. S

    When you need a tall perch

    Since there isn't any poles maybe it was the only way they could install a flock camera.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top